• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine ran perfect, plugged carb vac line on back no run

I completely remove mine from all my carbs. I don't have any starting issues in the spring and summer here in Colorado.

Same. Have not had a choke on any of my muscle cars for 40 years. Lived in MI, OH, and PA.

Same. Have not had a choke on any of my muscle cars for 40 years. Lived in MI, OH, and PA.

Nice, I'm by Erie, PA. Gonna remove it this weekend and see how it goes!

First happy Easter if anyone sees this today. Title is lame I know, but really scratching my head, again. Built my 340, put on an asv2 650 carb on and fired it up yesterday. Thing ran amazing at first. With the earmuffs on I didn't hear the vacuum leak i had at first. Stupid me forgot to plug the rear port for brake booster. Put the plug in, now I can't even get an idle without holding it WOT.Took the plug out, same damn thing. What on Earth could I be missing? Has to be something stupid. All cylinders still firing as when I put a mist of water on each header pipe I get instant sizzle. Smells super rich too. Idle mixture screws are backed out 1.5 like from factory. Thanks!
Idle miture screws should be backed out 3/4 of a turn 1 1/2 is too rich

Idle miture screws should be backed out 3/4 of a turn 1 1/2 is too rich
Thank you! I'll set them in a little more. I'm a 36 year old that believes carburators are sorcery and been too lazy to learn. I really should one of these days! Roadkill has taught me a few things haha

Carb is brand new out of the box, along with plugs and wires. One thing I want to try is maybe new plug wires as they are from Rock Auto and not a fan of them, it's just weird how it ran exactly perfect, plugged the vacuum port now it's trash, which is why I'm lost haha
This happened to me, I took the adjusting screws out and blew the passages with compressed air, put them back in all the way and backed them off 1 1/2 turns, runs/idles fine now.

Auto Transport Service
Back