• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine temp sensor location

diesel_lv

Local time
5:10 PM
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210202-165654_Drive.jpg
I've posted numerous things about my engine temp saga on my 496. Finally went w a direct drive mechanical fan as there is no room for a fan clutch. On 80° days, engine runs about 175 in town and won't get over 165 on the highway w a 180 t-stat. Haven't tested in the summer when it's 126° out yet. Problem is it is "EXTREMELY" loud and at 80mph it turning 3,200 rpm, same as engine. I am looking at CCI, Cooling Components Inc, new electric fans. They have new brushless Spal motors. The 12" have 300 watts each. They have a vacuum formed composite shroud, not a flat aluminum, with twin 12" that has a max depth of 3". This will fit nicely in my car. I had twin 12's before but old style spal and flat aluminum shroud and it cooled great at idle n around town in 126° but got hot on the highway due to flat aluminum shroud. The issue is, these new fans require a dedicated water temp sensor for the "PWM" wiring harness. The brushless do not work "on/off". I use one port on water pump for factory gauge, one for fuel injection ecm. Can someone suggest another location without disassembling the engine? Here's the wiring diagram from them.. Thanks in advance.

You can buy a fitting that you cut the top hose and the joiner has a thread in it.

I used that adapter on a Gen 2 hemi when I had F.I. and had to add a temp. sensor.

Honestly you need a louder exhaust, I cannot hear my fan over my engine at 80 mph. :thumbsup:

Honestly you need a louder exhaust, I cannot hear my fan over my engine at 80 mph. :thumbsup:
Right?!?! I have 2-1/8 TTI stepped headers, H-pipe, TTI mufflers out the back on TTI mandrel 3" dual exhaust. 496 stroker. I was super surprised at how quiet it is. I can barely hear it at idle outside. Inside, I cannot hear the exhaust.

Auto Transport Service
Back