• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ET@MPH

TN Mopar

Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
ET@ MPH

Can somebody explain this to me?

1/8th mile track and I ran 7.72 @ 90 MPH
My ET@MPH was 7.22

What info can I learn from this?

I'm a bit confused. Did you run 7.22 or 7.72.
90mph at 1/8 mi, is respectable. Haven't checked for sure, but sounds like about a low 12/ high 11 second quarter, at about 110+
Give me car weight at the starting line, with driver, I can get a closer guess.

Last edited:
ET@ MPH

Can somebody explain this to me?

1/8th mile track and I ran 7.72 @ 90 MPH
My ET@MPH was 7.22

What info can I learn from this?
That there's something funky with the timing system?? Not sure. Pic of the slip?

What is you 60 ft time? When I had a 440 in the charger it went about 7.30@92 mph or so.
It had a hand me down 5000 stall converter and a 430 gear. It would 60ft around 1.50 (not suitable for street at all).

Sound like your car has a lot of top end charge....but not so much holeshot.

Bry

7.726.jpg

They are giving you incentive/telling you you have room for improvement.
Your short side needs some improvement.
MPH is a direct indicator of horsepower. It is backwards calculating that, for your mph/horsepower you should be et ing at 7.22, chassis and drivetrain optimized.
Opposite example would be if your 60' and 330' were fast and car had low mph it would show a slower et@mph than what you ran indicating problem at end of the track/run. It's a nice indicator to help novice to improve. If they can get you to make your car work better you will enjoy making passes more and come back more often or maybe God forbid, get addicted to drag racing and do it all the time. I would say it's a smart idea on their part.

They are giving you incentive/telling you you have room for improvement.
Your short side needs some improvement.
MPH is a direct indicator of horsepower. It is backwards calculating that, for your mph/horsepower you should be et ing at 7.22, chassis and drivetrain optimized.
Opposite example would be if your 60' and 330' were fast and car had low mph it would show a slower et@mph than what you ran indicating problem at end of the track/run. It's a nice indicator to help novice to improve. If they can get you to make your car work better you will enjoy making passes more and come back more often or maybe God forbid, get addicted to drag racing and do it all the time. I would say it's a smart idea on their part.
Thank you
I am working on the 60 foot time
This was my first time at the track since the early 90s
and my first ever time on Street Radials
I guessed at 18 lbs of air
next week we will play with it more and differ the burnt out time some too

you can see by my reaction time I am still a ways off

yes as I said in the first post
What I want to know is what information can I draw from the line that says ET@MPH 7.226
7.22 is corrected ET to sea level, most likely

Dan
I ran the 7.726 at 90.01
I am trying to understand what ET@MPH line is and what info I can learn from it for my next trip
70bigblockdodge & Budniscks helped me

Thank you
I am working on the 60 foot time
This was my first time at the track since the early 90s
next week we will play with it more and differ the burnt out time some too

you can see by my reaction time I am still a ways off
Check out Wallace racing calulators, they have all different types. You can learn what the optimum 60ft, 330, 1000' would be. Lots of great racing calulators there.

Dan
I ran the 7.726 at 90.01
I am trying to understand what ET@MPH line is and what info I can learn from it for my next trip
70bigblockdodge & Budniscks helped me
I reread your post and figured out what you meant, sorry, i deleted that reply

7.22 is et at the first mph clock, at 594 feet. (Correct answer).
Edit: roughly .5 sec to cover the last 66 feet.
shows you how much I ran 1/8th mile stuff
don't remember that
figured it was one or the other, corrected Alt. or trap speed/time entry

You can use the paper method on DOT tires.
Start high pressure 28 maybe and on a really smooth surface (garage concrete floor is great) try to put paper under outside edge. Keep lowering pressure until the paper does not want to go under anymore (shoulder of the tread is on ground). That's about right pressure and you can vary a couple pounds in each direction.
Uncle Tony did a video on this if you need a visual to understand my poor wording.
More air pressure my give you some tire slip if your having trouble getting up in rpms out of the hole. Fine line before it breaks traction and spins, but that's half the fun is experimenting.

Auto Transport Service
Back