• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Evans Wiring Engine Harness Issue

as far I have found NSS harness could be made with black and black with white trace OR black and violet for the back up light network. I guess this is because from mid 70s, the wire coming out from NSS to feed the back up lamp become violet in all the trace from end to end, while up to AT LEAST 74, this wire was black with white trace from NSS to bulkhead and White with black trace up to the body side harness, where becomes violet up to the back up lamp.

So some repro harness could got this late color setup being also some repro replacement pigtails are made like this

just thinking out loud

Last edited:
dedicated to somebody disagreeing EVERY POST no matter what.

color change on back up lamps circuit between 69 and 74... showing 73 diagram and 74 on the parts I have... and confirmed on my own car

73B-BodyEngineCompartmentWiringDiag backup.jpg
73StandardInstrumentPanelPart2 back up.jpg

and note B 2 circuit becoming violet... this is 74 diagram... sorry, I don't have the 73 diagram for this section. It actually becomes violet on side body harness, not just on rear harness, but couldn’t find that section on a quick search.

backup violet.jpg

later I can post diagrams from 75 and late cars where this B 2 circuit is full violet from end to end... but is getting late to go to the movie with a friend tonight.

( damn! this guy is really intense and sickness )

Last edited:
Did the OP actually contact Evans about the initial problem.....or is their name just being dragged through the mud now?

Did the OP actually contact Evans about the initial problem.....or is their name just being dragged through the mud now?
I did contact them and made a post re: their response....

Not trying to drag anyone through the mud, however I want to highlight the issues I found with the product I purchased.

"dedicated to somebody disagreeing EVERY POST no matter what."

What the hell is his issue anyways ?

Sometimes when people get hurt as children, they tend to lash out as adults.
Sad really.

He really likes Nacho....
nooooo waaaaay... really ? LOL

I can't find a decent and trustable wiring diagram from lates 70 Mopars. I'm not sure when exactly that color code changed, but pretty sure was on mid/lates 70s. I could have check it on my RWD 71-80 Chrysler Haynes manual but is 6500 miles from me right now, But I remember working on a former friend's 76 Dart and I think to recall the violet wire on the NSS harness

Even the correct pigtail is available for earlier years:

nssharness_20_2_500x.jpg

Lates are with the color changed:
414wiLy41ZL._AC_UL600_SR600,400_.jpg

and both use to be available if you dig quite enough and you are picky. So maybe repro harness market is based on what is available most for it.

Sorry, this is off topic post ( like my previous post ), but just showing differences on color wires and how/why they float on, but being logical and without a diagram, any wire function can be decoded easily just analizing the system.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back