• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever use the "seat buddy"?

69redrunner

Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
Just curious if anybody has ever used or currently uses a seat buddy. It is a narrow folding seat that goes between the bucket seats and doubles as an armrest when folded down.

I'd like to know how well they fit and what, if anything holds them in place. Also, were they a dealer option, available at the parts counter? Or are they an aftermarket item?

I've seen a couple on craigslist and ebay......it sure would be nice to have a center armrest sometimes.

I believe it's "buddy seat" or "folding center arm rest".

I've seen column shift auto and floor shift manual cars with buckets that both have and don't have one from the factory.

They use brackets similar but not identical to a center console.

If you like to have your woman close, but don't want a bench.....

Yes they are a buddy seat installed at factory they are for bucket seat column shift cars I currently have one with the brackets out of a 73 se its blue in color they go in and are stationary just fold up and down pretty cool option but I like the console cars and all mine are such is sell it not sure if it would work earlier then 71 but I know 71-74 b bodies it will fit maybe e bodies they use same console mine is plus b5 blue perfect cond with bracket $200 plus ride

Auto Transport Service
Back