• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust manifold paint / anti-seize

old guys rule

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
Saw on here someone had used silver anti-seize to paint their exhaust manifolds. Anyone have experience with this?

No But slip plate is amazing makes them look new and lasts a long time google it.

Al I use on cast iron. Seriously out lasts any coating I have tried.

Yes, dont use the spray, the tip clogs way to fast buy a quart. Put it on with a rag and rub it in lightly. Friend turned me on to it years ago amazing results.

Best product going for manifolds.

1686741217536.png

Last edited:
I dont use the spray cans they clog up way to fast. I just wire brush them and of course no grease. Brush it on lightly the rub off the excess. Easy

1687264642353.png

Wear gloves PIA to get off your skin.
Ray, is this stuff like Calyk in that it rubs off on your hands when working near it like when changing plugs? I used Calyk 20 years ago on my GTX and the manifolds still look nice but anytime I work around them I still get it all over my hands.

Once it is on its on and you can handle it not like silver Anti seize.

Looks great but to grey for me. I like the cast iron look. Depends on your preference, I guess.

Looks great but to grey for me. I like the cast iron look. Depends on your preference, I guess.
Yeah it has to bake on the motor, and richens the color.
Not exactly raw cast iron though

Auto Transport Service
Back