• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust Manifold Treatment

I also used POR-15 on mine. First blasted them, brushed on the POR-15 and then cured them in my old gas grill. Look great!!

Bad news...went to AutoZone and found out that SP998 has been discontinued ! Went to Advance Auto, they didn't have it either....
did you check Summit Racing? Dang I need some :BangHead:

Bad news...went to AutoZone and found out that SP998 has been discontinued ! Went to Advance Auto, they didn't have it either....
Thanks for the tip, Amazon does not show it as being available. My local Canadian Tire stores only show 2 or 3 cans per store. Some with none. I guess I should pick up a couple. About $25.00 a can around here.

Thanks for the tip, Amazon does not show it as being available. My local Canadian Tire stores only show 2 or 3 cans per store. Some with none. I guess I should pick up a couple. About $25.00 a can around here.
get it while you can.

Does the SP998 VHT Paint, need to be pre-baked or will it cure on the engine ?

/

I just ordered some SP998 from O'Reillys. 13.99 per can

I just ordered some SP998 from O'Reillys. 13.99 per can
I just picked up a can at Canadian Tire. $26.00. One of two on the shelf. Then, I stopped at a friend's and told him if he ever needed any of this paint, he better get some soon. He started picking through his paint cupboard to see what he had. I noticed he had a carton of 6 spray cans of Mopar turquoise engine paint. I asked him if he needed all 6 of them, and he sold me one. Bonus day.

I used VHT cast iron high heat header paint. I did not cycle heat as recommended, but painted them after cleaning, and put them on the shelf for several months. They have been on the car for 2 years and still look great.

I put automatic transmission fluid on mine every fall, keep the car in a heated garage and it burns off to a dark gray, it looks very natural IMO. Although the painted ones look nice they look, well I guess they look painted.

Also use the East wood exhaust and manifold treatment. Cured on the motor. Got the engine to running temp. Then let it cool did this several times. I did sand blast mine before doing the paint.
IMG_0111 (8).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back