• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust Manifold?

KaleSkywalker

Local time
11:02 AM
Reaction score
Is there a difference between a AC car vs a non-AC car for OEM exhaust manifolds? I have a 69 roadrunner with AC and I want the correct date period exhaust manifold. Any advice would be appreciated.

-Kale

I am not certain, as I have a 70 Superbee with AC and original 906 heads
But the exhaust manifolds on my car are the HiPo style cast iron.
So, I would say same as non AC cars.

I wonder why people are posting exhaust manifolds for sale that say non-ac? Would the AC connect in anyway to the exhaust manifold?

My A/C survivor '69 GTX I owned in the '90s had the same style as the numbers matching '69 4 speed I just sold. So unless the A/C Road Runners are an exception...

HP manifolds would be correct. There was no standard manifold available on a roadrunner in 69.

I wonder why people are posting exhaust manifolds for sale that say non-ac? Would the AC connect in anyway to the exhaust manifold?
No idea why they would bother saying non ac for a hp manifold description . Same part number whether on a 383 or 440 when it came with dual exhaust. 2 barrel engines had log style manifolds. Manifolds have a date and a casting number. Year one has also been reproducing them, or at least selling them.

The casting numbers are 2806900 for the left side and 2843992 for the right side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I need some more confirmation here. The casting numbers listed above are for both low performance 383’s and High performance 383’s for 1969 roadrunners?

330hp isnt exactly what I consider low performance.. but it used the same manifolds both intake and exhaust as the 335hp magnum
Screenshot_20210731-161556_Chrome.jpg

Okay, I need some more confirmation here. The casting numbers listed above are for both low performance 383’s and High performance 383’s for 1969 roadrunners?
They will fit both engines. They were put on HP engines for more power . They HP manifolds flow better than the LP ones. Also have a larger opening for the head pipes. Send a PM and I will post some pictures.

They will fit both engines. They were put on HP engines for more power . They HP manifolds flow better than the LP ones. Also have a larger opening for the head pipes. Send a PM and I will post some pictures.
Head pipes what the heck are thoes? is that more power?

All 68-69 road runners had dual exhaust. The log manifolds are what went on single exhaust cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back