I've started to replace the tired exhaust in my 1964 Fury station wagon. I picked up the car recently and am trying to get the car on the road for now. Its rough and needs some body work and interior but that will come in a couple months when I have more time. Done a lot so far to make it road worthy... rebuilt the carb as well as general tune up maintenance, fixed some wiring, working on making the dash cluster fully functional (almost there just need to get the speedo hooked up and get the clock and lights working). Last time I took it around the block to test the kickdown I heard a loud bang which must of been the exhaust tubing basically bursting, or it could of been a backfire who knows but upon closer inspection my "hole" exhaust was rusted out and cracked open really badly in one spot almost in half... Which brings me to this project... I put the car up on 4 ramps to give me a little space to work. One of the first issues I ran into was that the passenger side exhaust manifold dumps out in a very inconvenient location for pipe routing. Its very tight area. I needed to make a head pipe which would clear the oil filter and trans bracket and also give enough clearance for the tie rod to move back and forth. after a lot of trial and error I came up with this... It's not the prettiest, or "best flowing" one might argue, but I think it will work well. I kept the welds from getting into the inside too much. I stepped it off from the original flanges which I decided to reuse. I had to dent/shape one part of it because it was hitting the trans bracket. probably would of cleared it and been easier with 2.25" pipe but I ended up with a bunch of 2.5' mandrel bent tube … long story. time to start on the other side!