• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Facebook Marketplace, Manipulate Me Please

padam

Local time
6:12 AM
Reaction score
For better or worse (extremely worse imo), fb marketplace has become THE 2nd hand marketplace.
I’ve been jonesing for a 1st gen Charger for years. I search for them off and on, I’ll probably never get one for various reasons, but a guy can dream right?

Usually if I search fb, it turns up between 0 and 2 for sale.

I don’t know what switch I flipped, but starting yesterday I am getting bombarded with 1st gens for sale in my feed, without even searching. Cars in all conditions and locations that I’ve never seen for sale before.

Just WTF?

If you haven't heard of it, Autotempest will search multiple platforms including FB Marketplace, Craigslist, Ebay, Hemmings and more. You can filter as you wish, right down to a specific make and model.

Fakebook is free for one reason, and one reason only:

YOU (and your information) are the product they are selling.

They harvest ALL your info, ALL your habits, ALL your trends, ALL your browse history....and SELL IT.

We now have Facefook A.I. bots having sex with Goggle bots and they try get into everything now.
As an example, the other day in our shop office I was on my laptop looking at some 7938 NGK plugs and some FelPro 1216s.
Next thing you know, my partner's facefook feed had ads for those exact parts off to the side of his screen....crazy. All because we're on the same network for our internet when we're in the office.
The difference is, I always spend some time disabling everything I can that's not needed for basic internet use, he never changes any settings and just rolls with the defaults. And he calls me a conspiracy nut hahaha!

Fakebook is free for one reason, and one reason only:

YOU (and your information) are the product they are selling.

They harvest ALL your info, ALL your habits, ALL your trends, ALL your browse history....and SELL IT.
And that my friends is why I never - from beginning til now and forever foreword have never and will never be part of that evil scourge …. I despise all aspects of social media. FBBO is the one and only forum I’m a part of.

Auto Transport Service
Back