• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory single exhaust to factory duals help needed

matt72

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Hey y’all, I have a 72’ satellite Sebring plus originally from California and up until last year it had its original single exhaust, I did the top end on the factory 400 and put HP manifolds with an Accurate Exhaust system to attach to them, the trouble is I can’t seem to figure out how the drivers side exhaust hanger is supposed to be mounted I’m assuming the bracket for it is missing due to it being a California car with a single pipe but if anyone has any ideas on what I could do to get this exhaust in it would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Drivers side bracket always bolts in, as it's an option installed on the line.
beerestoration2018 349.JPG

Drivers side bracket always bolts in, as it's an option installed on the line.View attachment 1484569
You are a life saver thank you lol, I didn’t know that the bracket bolted on which would make sense but lots of things changed on the California cars so nothing would surprise me and being an emissions year car

I believe that TTI has them, but the ones that I have seen are thicker than the originals.

Megaparts Left Floor Pan Exhaust Hanger Bracket 1966-70 B-Body With Dual Exhaust, Exhaust Hangers B-Body, 102-EH2 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts but it lists as 66 to 70 only so I may have lead you astray. I still assume a '72 has something similar to match what is welded on the right side.
Thanks and Yeah it looks similar to the factory one you have a picture of so I may be able to make something work and I’m not too sure but I know at least on the passenger side I can’t even figure out where the bolts would go into the floor as I can’t find a provision but I will look at it closer tomorrow I may have to just get it as close as possible to the picture lol there’s plenty of room for adjustments in the hanger itself

The floor pan hump under the back seat has the hole locations imprinted into it, at least on a '69/70

I believe that TTI has them, but the ones that I have seen are thicker than the original
Thank you for the tip, I will look into that as well and not a big deal if they are thicker no one is judging to car even though I’m going for a factory correct look at this point in time I just need something to work so I can enjoy the car for a while before I restore it

The floor pan hump under the back seat has the hole locations imprinted into it, at least on a '69/70
Perfect I’ll pull my seat out and see whats there, it would definitely make sense

Hey y’all, I have a 72’ satellite Sebring plus originally from California and up until last year it had its original single exhaust, I did the top end on the factory 400 and put HP manifolds with an Accurate Exhaust system to attach to them, the trouble is I can’t seem to figure out how the drivers side exhaust hanger is supposed to be mounted I’m assuming the bracket for it is missing due to it being a California car with a single pipe but if anyone has any ideas on what I could do to get this exhaust in it would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Here's some pix of factory dual exhaust hanger, I'm thinkin' it might be reproduced. Under your backseat, on the floorboard will be 4 dimples that correspond to the outer bracket which is where you drill your holes. Pix are from a 71 R/T.

20230625_135820.jpg

20230625_140212.jpg

20230625_135857.jpg

I purchased the full 2.5 exhaust for my 72 Charger. Here are some of the parts.

View attachment 1484807
Ah alright so I see the brackets I need but with my kit I have the factory style hangers with one over the axle and the other on the floor but the bracket looks to be the same for the floor

Here's some pix of factory dual exhaust hanger, I'm thinkin' it might be reproduced. Under your backseat, on the floorboard will be 4 dimples that correspond to the outer bracket which is where you drill your holes. Pix are from a 71 R/T.

View attachment 1484924

View attachment 1484925

View attachment 1484926
Thank you for the picks they will definitely help with getting my exhaust situated, luckily my floors are in perfect shape and original so I want to drill once lol

Single vs. Dual exhaust, nothing to do with California vs. federal production.

View attachment 1485047
Figured I just wasn’t sure exactly because I personally haven’t seen many of the California cars in original orientation like mine was when I started but now I know what I was missing other than hangers and now I know a bracket for the floor, thank you for the diagram though it’s much appreciated

I don't believe that bracket is reproduced for a 72 B-body. I found them for 66-70 B and 70-74 E-bodies.
I tried one for the E-body, and it hung too low. Maybe the 66-70 B-body would work better.

The TTI ones look nice, but I think they are generic replacements.

I don't believe that bracket is reproduced for a 72 B-body. I found them for 66-70 B and 70-74 E-bodies.
I tried one for the E-body, and it hung too low. Maybe the 66-70 B-body would work better.

The TTI ones look nice, but I think they are generic replacements.
No I found that accurate exhaust actually has a generic one for the swap but I did think about the 66-70 bracket

Auto Transport Service
Back