• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

Cripe sakes we had -39 F last weekend. We are hovering around the zero for now but it's going to dive again this weekend. Good think my ice fishin house is well insulated.

Well Dave on the bright side, keeps the beer plenty cold eh....lol. Good luck out on the lake!

Got a chance to thaw out the garage and get old skeletor ready for quarter #2

After brining down the Jam to fresh metal, on to getting drill happy with the new tin.

r3-2.jpg

r2-2.jpg

r1-2.jpg

Got an initial fit up to kind of see what bugs need to be worked out. Found a couple cracked nylon roller's on the quarter window I didn't catch earlier. Welding will have to wait till I get the new set from Roseville Motors..

r4-1.jpg

r5.jpg

Reminds me of the 1969 Superbee I found in 2004. It looked in a lot worse shape than it actually was. It had some rust in the floor pans but it was very light. We borrowed a rotisserie and flipped it up side down and went to work. When it boiled down only one floor pan really needed replaced. The rotisserie made all the difference in the world.

Inspect it close where the floor pans connect to the frame rails.
That`s a great find. keep us posted on the progress.
Good Luck

progress is looking good Will, been out riding lately?

You bet!! Went out Friday and yesterday for a bit....Heading to eagle river for 5 days of riding later in the week. Trails are getting a bit beat up, but looks like we'll have a fresh layer of snow after the next few days.

Will do ky509! Thanks for the tip on the rails...

Dang Prop, she's looking very car shaped.

It's got to be an awesome feeling getting this far huh?

you make it very hard for me in my struggle to sell or not to sell el-polo-loco.

the current obomaconomy is killing me though, and thus something has to go.

probably lots of things have to go.

Good to hear from you Dave. Yeah, it's quite nice seeing something that's starting to look like a Mopar vs. the crusty rotten shell I got to admire several months ago. Long way to go yet, but at least there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel now.

Sorry to hear you're tossing around the idea of selling el-polo-loco. Friggen Sucks! I hear you on the economy. Sure isn't no garden of eden now a days. When the hell does a guy get a break! Hopefully everything pans out for ya buddy. Sad to say you're honestly the fourth person in a month that i've talked to that is selling their car to catch up on the higher priority things....like surviving. American Dream, hell more like american nightmare.

To top all that off, how you enjoying this lovely weather? If I ever hear someone bring up global warming, I swear i'm gonna smack that sucker in the mouth. Melting glacier's....shittttt..I got a giant frozen one in my yard!!! For cying out loud, snowmobiling even isn't that much fun when you get as far as below zero as it has been.
It's winter up north and I'm pretty use to it, but hell, it's been a dang cold one.

Hope the road ahead for ya is a smooth one..Take Care!

I gotta go plug in the truck and have a beer slushy or two.

Slushy beers for all lol!!

My 6 year old (my youngest boy) looked me square in the eyes last night with his sternest expression and he scolded "Dad! You are not selling that dang roadrunner!"

lol!

Maybe the kid is right, we'll see.

What are you going to put in the seam propwash? Roof to 1/4 seam?

Going lead or something like metal 2 metal?

Metal to metal Dave........I tossed around the idea of getting old school and tossing lead back in, but just don't have enough ambition to learn the process or spend the lute for kind of a one time gig.

I'm actually glad to hear you've chosen metal to metal.

It's a nice lead replacement in my opinion.

You'll have to go with at least a skim coat of poliester glaze to finish it off completely as it's never finished & feathered as nice as body filler for me but I think it's a really good product for seams.

You already know all that tho, you da man.

It is so nice to see quarters hanging on this car, it's really what these cars are all about, so much of the body is the dang 1/4's. Like a showcase for styling of the car, a billboard for what the car is all about.

So cool.

Pretty much homebound today being the 12"+ of snow we're supposed to get. Great opportunity to get rolling on Skeletor...

Wind is gusting up around 40-50MPH and the snow is coming down at an ungodly rate....Pretty much another Blizzard

sn1.jpg

Drove down south yesterday and met up with Ben (Bens69Plymouthsatellite). Gave me an awesome deal on a new TCI Super Streetfighter Tranny for the RR. Had a few brews and Laughs. Really enjoyed shooting the breeze with a fellow FBBO member.

a1-3.jpg

Was waiting on this new little quarter window roller so I could finally start welding the drivers quarter on. Went through Roseville. Great people to deal with.

a2-3.jpg

The Drivers side quarter definitely needed some TLC to find its final resting place, but with a little grinding/bending/tapping here and there, she fell into place real nice

a3-3.jpg

a4-3.jpg

a6-1.jpg

a5-1.jpg

I had the wife give me a hand getting the trunk lid on. Pretty sure the thing weighed almost as much as her..LOL. I honestly was pretty happy to see the quarters on, but the big payoff was when we got the trunk lid on, all the gaps are perfect. About 3/16" all the way around. Even line up at the tail light buckets and fill panel is dead on. Considering almost every piece of metal is new from the rear window back, I was pleasantly surprised..As you can tell i'm a bit stoked!

a7-1.jpg

a8-1.jpg

a9-1.jpg

The welding is already rolling on the first quarter and now i'm rolling on the drivers. I'll be tying in the extensions and the back side here shortly.

L8tr guys

Holy **** Will! Did U even sleep when U got back from Kenosha! Looks like U and those oompa loompas you've hired are really kickin' *** on the runner!! I had a blast 2 knockin' back some brews and shootin' the **** as well! Have to do it again 4 sure! Glad U are happy w/ the trans! And glad it found a nice home!! Later Will!!

Nice work Will, Skeletor is looking great and going together quickly. Wish I could have gotten together with you and Ben, glad you found a good home for that trans Ben, hope it helps your situation.

Very nice progress, you and Matt are kicking ***, and this schlub down here in S.A. (ME) is moving at a snails pace on my stuff!

Thanks a bunch Gentlemen! Gonna try to keep up the pace a bit more moving forward..

Looking forward to the next round of beers already Ben. We'll definitely have to get you in the mix next time Matt.

will,you never cease to amaze me on the work that you do.

Hey thanx Roger....If only I was as Optimistic about my work..LOL

Thanks again for sending over the email and pic's..Pretty neat!

Auto Transport Service
Back