• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

Hey Fella's! Long time no see.... Been pretty nutz around here lately! Hunting, Vacation, and yes, getting geared up for Snocross Season.

Gotta Doe hunting this year......Nothing to write Cabela's about, but still a decent dear.

Sled's been sucking up most of my time (and money) with new track's, shock's, clutch's, reed's and pipes... Also replaced the flooring on my trailer and cleaned up the frame/suspension.

Hopefully be hitting up the roadrunner here soon....... Think she's starting to get a bit jealous..

Take care gent's!

:sixpack:

I'm still stuck in a deer stand LOL!! I'm a sick, sick man I tells ya!!

Once rifle season kicks off I'm in it till damn near Christmas time because I do the muzzle loader stuff too (that's on right now)

I'm tellin ya, it aint getting any easier to keep up my deer hunting pace as i get older. once the season is done with completely I am wrung the hell out! Lol!!

I'm having a lot of fun catching up here with your project Prop.

hippie bird is collecting dust in my spray booth at home :(

You're definitly a dedicated guy there Dave.....Hope all is going well with the hunt this year. I agree with you there on the "wrung the hell out!" Friggen froze my arse off this year. I think half the state is still off on Detox this week, after the end of our gun season.

Glad you're liking the thread...I need to get off my rear and get going on my bird as well! To many Damn hobbies!! Obviously you know what I mean.

Good Luck on the rest of your season!

Here's to ya.....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-8WQhNmh2A&feature=player_detailpage

great progress ! soon you will be stomping on the loud pedal!

Thanks buddy......... Ah yes, a loud pedal. I wish I had that now!! Maybe drown out the old lady griping about the money meter pointing more at an old Plymouth than in her direction..hehehehe.

BTW......Looks like your birds getting pretty close now. Looking good!

I'll take that good luck wish to the woods tomorrow night Prop, the moon phase is back in our favor and should be forcing some movement into the legal hunting hours.

Do my best to put a 1/2" hole in a deer with the muzzle loader then hang it up for the year (ice fishing is here now) :crazy:

I'm not sure when "mopar season" starts for me.... maybe see if my money tree gives anything up, it's looking kind of dead though :)

Are we going to see your 69 bird roll across the barret jackson auction block some day? (they could only wish)

Later,

Dave

I'm not sure when "mopar season" starts for me.... maybe see if my money tree gives anything up, it's looking kind of dead though :)

Are we going to see your 69 bird roll across the barret jackson auction block some day? (they could only wish)

Later,

Dave

LOL.......yeah mine died too. I ended sawing it up and selling the timber to AMD..

I don't know if i'll ever be able to part with the 69'. My wife always tells folks i'm having an affair with a rusty Plymouth

Have a good one,

Will

Took a break from all the other things going on and got a chance to spend a bit of time on the RR today.......

Spent some time drilling out all the rest of the spot welds out holding the remainder of the old quarter on. Gotta say, kinda boring tedious work, but all part of the process...

lq1.jpg

The rear deck panel corner and window corner are pretty much in the same shape as the passenger as expected.

lq2.jpg

lq3.jpg

Also got the front window pillar chrome back frome the plating shop. Did an outstanding job and well worth the money. They look better than new.

lq4.jpg

As soon as we get some snow.Nothing but brown grass at the moment.

We have about 8" on the ground but the ground isn't froze, up around the NY border I've heard they have over a 12" on the ground. Our trails don't open for another two weeks anyway's because of deere season.
Besides I don't have the sleds ready. I started on them a week and a half ago, took vacation all last week to work on them but deceided to get sick instead. I didn't get a damn thing done. Hopfully I feel up to going out tonight and getting my oldest daughters done.

Kev,

Trails open December 10th, weather permitting, but like Jay said, nothing but brown grass thus far. Freaking cold enough though!!!! It was a whopping 7 degrees when I got up this morning. Looks like a couple storms coming this way in the next several days.

Trails in the Lake Superior snow belts are all open. Some places have got over 6 foot of snow in the past week with that harsh north wind off the lake. I also heard the snow engine was rolling pretty good close to your neck of the woods as well. Thinking about going up by the lake to do a bit of boondocking this weekend.

Hope all goes well for ya with getting the sleds knocked out in the next couple days. Season is right at the doorstep now.

Hey Jay, you see another clown put there vehicle in Lake Winnebago yesterday? WTF is going on? Is that like the 4th or 5th in the past few months? Wow!

Matt,

Thanks for the Charger video.....Pretty cool!

Some of those ice fisherman are idiots.The local mill pond here in Ogdensburg has a shack with only the roof above the ice.lol

Man, I miss NH!!! I miss the snow, you clowns are talking about getting your snowmobiles out! Man, this sucks, south Texas, I want to move up north where it's a bit chillier! Or...take a road trip up there and snowmobile!!!!

Some of those ice fisherman are idiots.The local mill pond here in Ogdensburg has a shack with only the roof above the ice.lol

LOL......No Doubt! I usually wait till a good 6" of ice is set before I go walking out. The way things are going around here, that should be any day now. Hearing lows in the negatives next week. Crazy, not even officially winter yet.

Global warming.......:icon_fU:..........Global warming

Come on up anytime Donny....I'll get you hooked up. You'll be a regular Sledneck in no time!

will i was told trails dont open till monday the 13 i guess t zone is this weekend. we'll have to wait and see how this storm pans out this weekend :)

Prop, you like sno cats and mopars... I thought you might like my new mopar sno cat.

My new to me Tucker Sno Cat. I picked it up in WI a couple weeks ago (during that storm)

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

IMG00042-20101211-1402.jpg

It's got a 318 and a 5 speed manual trans, dana 60 axles, 1.56:1 T-case and 6.17:1 ring & pinions lol!! She's not a fast machine, but she's pretty much unstoppable.

Ever heard of lake of the woods in northern MN? Well that's where I fish and now I can pull an insulated permanent house anywhere I want to on that big lake lol!!

P.S. I went deerless this year so now the coyotes and walleyes are really going to pay lol!!

Outstanding ride Dave! That is awesome.... and mopar driveline to boot. Do me a favor and send some of that snow this way would ya? We had a couple days of upper 30's and drizzle. Pretty much butchered all the trails around here. Also cancelled two races. Yesterday was 9F above with 40MPH winds with no trails left open for sledding and the lakes trashed for ice fishing. Water clarity is in the toilet thanks to all the run off. Sucks!

I've seen lake of the woods on TV tons of times and have heard plenty about it's fishery.
Walleye's and perch galore. I'm sure the big pike are a blast as well. Sorry to hear you didn't bag a deer this go around. I guess a guy has to have a year like that once in a while to appreciate the good years.

Instead of watching dust collect on the Doo, decided to give the Plymouth some love over the weekend.

Driver side was a bit more rotton than the passenger in the window corner area.

l1.jpg

One chunk of patch welded in

l2.jpg

Window corner in...

l3.jpg

I wasn't expecting I could, but I was able to salvage the rain gutter. Obviously the bottom corner of the deck filler had to be removed (what was left of it). All the way down the gutter cleaned up real nice amazingly. One big reason I wanted to save what was there is the VIN is stamped on this side on the gutter from the factory. Can't see it well from the pic, but I got a patch welded in on the corner of the deck filler in the second pic. Got a lot of cleaning up to do on that yet.

l4.jpg

l5.jpg

Finished metal work in window corner area.

l6.jpg

Nice work prop, you'll be hangin' quarters soon provided the weather cooperates, or doesn't cooperate, depending on how badly you want to play in the snow.

Auto Transport Service
Back