• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

That paint looks greaat Prop. Quite a shock as I have been a member for 2 1/2 years and got used to seeing bare metal - and in pieces for so long. You must be very exited to start putting it together.

You bet hunt2elk...Quite a feeling! Thank you!

I'll be sure to hit you up on that Matt....Detroit really isn't that far down the road for me and is actually a pretty decent drive once Chi-Town is out of the way.

Damit Wil now I want black lol. Too bad I did all the jambs in barracuda red already. Need more pics the one isnt doing it buddy. Now your going to be all nervous putting it together without scratching it. There is a cheap roll form of floor underlayment from menards that is a good paint cover and its tough to tear, its blue dont remember the name of it right now.

LOL...Huge fan of the black myself Russ. I'll get some more pic's this week when I get a chance to run back down to the shop. I'll be on the road for the next several days, so the shop will be putting the panels back on before she gets ready for the stripes and getting out the door for vinyl/headliner. All the stress of reassembly is stuck with them now..LOL. I'm sure they'll charge me accordingly.

Let me know if you happen to remember what brand/type that underlayment was. Pretty interested. Thanks for the tip!

Never been to detroit rock city, im soooo in!! we seriously have to figure all this out!

on the way out of Chi-town, we can pick up Ben in Indiana while we're at it!!!

cant wait to see the Black Beauty in person!

Thanks Ron....That's what I'm guessing as well

Sneak Peek.......

Swung by the shop today....Roadrunner is in paint. She still is going to get another sand down and polish, according to the painter...So, here's a little peek...................

sq.jpg
sweet !

I can't hold together much longer prop, I check back here every day hoping for more pics of your car in paint.

I can't hold together much longer prop, I check back here every day hoping for more pics of your car in paint.

LOL...They're coming Dave. I'll find some time to get down there this week..
I checked out some test sample panels for the hood stripe paint, that the painter whipped up for me. She should supposedly be pushed in the booth in the next day or two for those to be layed on.

Thanks Ron....That's what I'm guessing as well

Sneak Peek.......

Swung by the shop today....Roadrunner is in paint. She still is going to get another sand down and polish, according to the painter...So, here's a little peek...................

sq.jpg

WOW!!!! That is Unreal! I miss my black runner so much. Looks great Prop.

Attachments

• 68roadalite 004.jpg
    68roadalite 004.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 586
  • 68roadalite 003.jpg
    68roadalite 003.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 577
WOW!!!! That is Unreal! I miss my black runner so much. Looks great Prop.

Thanks Wingcarenvy and.......Mannnnn that is one sharp looking '68! Had to be tough to let that one go. The prostar's add a nice touch.
What size rim and tire size were you running on that in the back? Looks like something I would like to shoot for.

Thanks Wingcarenvy and.......Mannnnn that is one sharp looking '68! Had to be tough to let that one go. The prostar's add a nice touch.
What size rim and tire size were you running on that in the back? Looks like something I would like to shoot for.

The rears are 15x7 with 3.5 backspace. Actually Weldwheel measurement includes the thickness of the flange, so if you measure from the mounting pad on the backside to the lip its real close to 3 inches. It had 275/60R15 BFG which fit perfectly without rubbing.

Its funny you should say that about letting it go. I saw your car and decided to post and pulled up the pics of my old Road Runner, which I haven't seen in few years, and realized how much I miss it.

wingcarenvy, Thats sharp! I to miss a 69 i had, this thread gives me hope for another in my future!

Is there a full peek yet?

I think everyone is getting anxious to see that bad boy laid out!

Been pretty busy at work, traveling all over, but I'll be swinging by the shop Tuesday and will post up some pic's Buckeye. The Vinyl got pushed till this wednesday...Hoping to have her back at the end of the week or early the week after.

Thanks Ben! Appreciate it.....Same here dude.

Been pretty busy at work, traveling all over, but I'll be swinging by the shop Tuesday and will post up some pic's Buckeye. The Vinyl got pushed till this wednesday...Hoping to have her back at the end of the week or early the week after.

Thanks Ben! Appreciate it.....Same here dude.

Sweet... can't wait...

Attachments

• Homer drooling.jpg
    Homer drooling.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 459
Alright guys........Went down to check on the bird at the shop and was a bit suprised to find out she was already sent to the upholstery shop yesterday..

Swung down there and dropped off the Vinyl top and headliner..I apologize for the bit of blurry pic's (camera phone), but I know you guys were getting as anxious as me to see her in full paint. Here you go.............

q6-3.jpg

q5-5.jpg

q4-6.jpg

q3-6.jpg

q2-6.jpg

q1-6.jpg

Gotta say i'm about 110% happy with the paint job as well as how the hood stripes look on the car. They look better than I thought.

Hopefully she'll be back in my garage next week. i'll snap some pic's again with the Vinyl on.

Hope you guys don't think i'm sounding corny or something, but again I want to stress how much I appreciate all the folks that have participated in this thread and this cars ressurection. All the help, motovation and ambition given has been the foundation of the resto and keeps the drive alive..

I hope you guys enjoy the pic's.

Auto Transport Service
Back