• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan clutch on 64 Dodge

Thanks on the nice compliment. My pulleys all line up, so I can rule that out. With the 2947 clutch and my stock 22in rad, the fins on the clutch have about an 1/8in clearance to the core. Ive been looking on the net and from what I can tell it looks like the rad brackets have been
repositioned to push the rad closer to core support. Maybe i just need to get the 2765 clutch and try it. How long has your jag clutch been on your motor? If I understand correctly that clutch isnt as strong as the 2947 clutch. If I have to replace jag clutch every other yr so be it. I found a 7 blade fixed fan that I put on it for the time being. Thanks for helping me out, matter of fact thanks to all who have taken time out to help

Oh how I'd love a MW!

I put the Jag clutch on 2 years ago, and it works OK but isn't designed for the load we are putting on them. I would swap it for a 2947 in a heartbeat if it weren't for the $120 AUS pricetag.

Swapping to the Jag clutch won't gain you much at all (i.e. 2.707" - 2.67"= 0.037" = fark all extra clearance.) I will double check these dimensions in an hour or so...

Yikes on the price. I think what i am going to have to do is pull the rad, take it to rad shop and have them reposition brackets so its closer to core support. At best i think im only going to get 3/4" clearance on drivers side and 1 1/2" on pass side due to engine offset.

Rockauto Hayden 2947 = $48.79 US. Shipping = $29 = $77.78 US. Convert to $ AU = $97.50.

More/less clearance one side to the other due to engine offset?! Engine is offset to rad in centreline, but surely engine should be perpendicular to rad, no?!

Last edited:
Had he same problem on my 64 Max. Got rid of clutch,
Got fan spacers from Mancini, put a shroud on, new fan blade
Problem solved

I did the Jaguar clutch on my fan as well. I had to have the brackets moved back a half inch on the tank in order for everything to fit properly.

I had to order brake parts from US so I just ordered a Hayden 2947 as well... according to manuf. dimensions, it's 0.037" longer than 2765 so I should be fine.

I went and ordered the stubby fan clutch and a replacement fan blade to put in my 64. I have a rb in it and the oem 3 core radiator. As my luck goes, with the radiator mounted I could not get the clutch /fan assy in. Removed the rad installed clutch assy on water pump, weasled rad back in and sure enough I have about 1/8 in clearance from the leading edge of fan clutch to rad core. Any suggestions, I really dont want to go back to a fixed blade fan if I can avoid it. But obviously cant run it that close to rad due to motor movement.
Call Glen-Ray they will make you a 3 or 4 core spaced 3/4 inch or so out to clear a stock clutch fan. I should have mine in a couple of weeks for my 64 Savoy.

Call Glen-Ray they will make you a 3 or 4 core spaced 3/4 inch or so out to clear a stock clutch fan. I should have mine in a couple of weeks for my 64 Savoy.

Thanks for the info on glen ray. If you dont mind me asking, how much did they charge you to move your core?

Thanks for the info on glen ray. If you dont mind me asking, how much did they charge you to move your core?
It would probably be best to contact Bob for pricing. Hope you understand.

Unsolder the mounting brackets from the tanks and slide the core/tank assy forward, resolder the brackets.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back