• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fast Ratio and headers. Will it fit?

xs-ivv

Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of ordering all the the front steering components for my 69 charger. I would like to get the fast ratio pitman and idler arms but i have read that they will hit on the headers.
Has anyone installed fast ratio with headers?
My combo is 440 with A833 trans and tti headers.
Thx

Which TTI headers? I can't offer much help, but all I can suggest is to look at the design of the headers and see if the #1/#2 pipes are a little far forward and down low.

The headers are 440-200. The only thing that i could find on tti's website was:

62-66 B-body applications: Headers will not clear FFI (Firm Feel Inc) fast ratio pitman & idler arm. The FFI arm is 3/4" longer than the stock arm. (The OEM arm measures 5-1/4" from center to center)

20180304_222412.jpg

New a guy that put a 1/4 plate on the top and bottom of the motor mounts. It raised it up for the headers not to get hit.

New a guy that put a 1/4 plate on the top and bottom of the motor mounts. It raised it up for the headers not to get hit.
Thanks for the tip. I have ordered the fast ratio arms. If they dont clear i may need to do something similar.

If you go this route take the mount apart and 1/4plate to the top and bottom this gives you 1/2 inch higher so that can take care of the steering problem. Enjoy your ride

Auto Transport Service
Back