• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fastest muscle car you've been in?

honorable mention to my buddies
70 GS Stage 1 455 4 speed convertible
torque monster
low 13 sec. car pretty much stock trim with a little tune
pretty damn quick for an executives, factory 'hot rod' Buick

Live in Auburn have a farm closer to Nebraska city. Our 70 Cuda ended up in South Dakota. I am a hour from Lincoln.
honorable mention to my buddies
70 GS Stage 1 455 4 speed convertible
torque monster
low 13 sec. car pretty much stock trim with a little tune
pretty damn quick for an executives, factory 'hot rod' Buick
The Buick GSX was one of the badest cars around!

The one I have now.12.36et/123 mph in1/4
492cu. hemi,66 Satellite 4spd

1974 just got my license.
My friend had a 69 Barracuda with a 440 and 4 speed, it was his daily driver.
I wanted to buy it and my father took one look under the hood and said NO WAY.
Car would pull the wheels off the ground.

Last edited:
Top end car was probably the 04 Hennesey Viper...
Scariest muscle car/ hotrod... Wife's uncle had a 502 (warmed up) powered 32 roadster... Close to 700hp....he would nail it at 60mph and the thing would just go sideways in a cloud of smoke...pictures in my head were of Wiley Coyote with a rocket strapped to his back and wearing rollerskates. We all know how that would end... Nothing to grab on, a single lap belt in a plastic car makes for some tense rides...

I took my son for his second muscle car ride when he was 12 years old.
1968 Satellite Vert 440-- 4 speed-- sure grip rear.
Need less to say he had to check his drawers when we got home.
gI4M5UD.jpg

His first ride he was still in diapers and too young to remember my 67 Chevelle Vert with a 327-- 4 speed

My 65 Plymouth Belvedere II, Ray Barton 498 motor, 11.5 compression, 727.......ran 1/4 mile in the mid 9's.....scared myself many times on the street. Sold it a couple of years ago.
fullsizeoutput_469.jpeg

Quickest street car - 1969 Road Runner 440, hemi 4 speed, 4.56 Dana 60 - 11.50 in the quarter, driven regularly 30 miles to and from the track.
Fastest street car - my '71 Road Runner - 383 6 brl, auto, 3.23 gears - 141 MPH on the GPS, it was getting pretty floaty.

Last edited:
Fastest street car - my '71 Road Runner - 383 6 pack, auto, 3.23 gears - 141 MPH on the GPS, it was getting pretty floaty.
YEP.. imagine how the cops liked my Bee with a 15 mile head start on them and my 2.94's ! Speedo sitting down between 150 and zero..

Glad to see some ponchos listed.
Buddy of mine had a 69 SS nova that the prev owner had stuck a HP 428 pontiac engine and muncie 4 spd in.
had a 12 bolt with 4:11s big old fat tires on the back , body jacked up front and back.
That car was Fn scary.
Fish tailed many times to the point of spinning out LMAO.

Glad to see some ponchos listed.
Buddy of mine had a 69 SS nova that the prev owner had stuck a HP 428 pontiac engine and muncie 4 spd in.
had a 12 bolt with 4:11s big old fat tires on the back , body jacked up front and back.
That car was Fn scary.
Fish tailed many times to the point of spinning out LMAO.

You don't see that often. When I bought my Firebird the previous owner must have put a SBC in it. Motor was gone, but had Chevy mounts. Put a 455 Pontiac in it. Always wanted another 66 Chevelle, but get rid of the Chevy motor and use a Pontiac, just because everybody uses Chevy motors on everything.

Seems there's a chebby theme in this thread. All good but is it blasphemous? Who cares man. Good times. Those darn chebbys.
Well the number of bowties in the overall total number of stories is probably because there are so many of them.

I rode in a good friend's 67 Corvette, 427 3x2 400 HP. Factory size tires, sidepipes, 4 speed. He nailed it from a dead stop on a grippy concrete road, went through the gears, and let up around 90. He asked "what I thought" and I said I was impressed but what was that squealing sound? It sounded like something was rubbing against something. He said "the tires were spinning". I found that hard to believe because the sound never stopped, to ninety MPH when he lifted.
Well he made a U-turn, stomped it from a 30 roll and no squealing sound. On the way back from the direction we came in I could see the 2 black lines and a little gap then 2 black lines and a gap...
My car is pretty damn fast, but not scary.
A turbo Eclipse, modded, was crazy once that big turbo kicked in.
Back when I was about 7 my cousin took me for a ride in his appx 1969 GTO 4 speed, in the hills of Georgia. Between the manual transmission, the speed, and negative gravity going over the hills, that was a great ride! My dad driving the 69 383 Roadrunner on I-10 and someone passes him speeding. Dad puts the blue light on the dash and catches the perp about 1/2 mile away. I was inducted into the MOPAR nation that moment!

My 67 Chevelle cost less than one thousand dollars for me to piece it together back in 1980. That included buying the car as a roller, and the motor and trans were from another car I had.

My first car was a 69 383 roadrunner (talk about awesome) but the one that I’ll never forget was a Pontiac GTO Judge. A older kid down the street had one (Orange) and the first time I rode in it was a blast. It was a 4 speed car and what an impression it made on me.

Classis muscle car: Triple green 70 Cuda 383 4-speed, 391s, and a big "3/4 race" cam. :)
Car was badass, it would blow the doors off my 440 automatic Charger . . . and many others.
Newer Muscle car: Recently rode in a 2019 Hellcat Charger: very badass!

I thought my 68 Charger R/T was pretty quick running mid 13's til I got a ride in my brother's 70 Hemi Cuda one day back when. It wasn't stock but had a pair of Holleys and was tubbed with a pair of 12" or 14" Goodyear stickys and 4.88 gears. It was never on a dyno so no idea of the actual HP. He lived in a trailer court in Iowa when I visited. We pulled out of the trailer court rolling about 15 mph when he nailed it. Pulled the front wheels for about 10'. He used to tell me about taping a $100.00 bill to the dash and betting his passenger wouldn't be able to grab the bill before he hit 100 mph. He claimed no one ever got the bill. I never saw it happen but I know that thing could move. I've had a virtual ride in a Redeye but not an actual one. I'm thinking that old Cuda would have been side by side til the Cuda ran out of engine.

Auto Transport Service
Back