• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fastest Poly cars?

Ps it did go 8.2@180 with a Koffel stroker 400 iron motor though...:fool: on pump gas with street tyres.[/QUOTE]
I call BS on this one. I crewed on Koffels
B-1 400 based comp eliminator dragster. It did not go 180. I know Dave and Scott quite well.
Doug

Hi Doug,
BS has been called many times on the UK famous ''Cooky's Dodge''! (in avatar)
I believe there is some video footage in existence from the 90's when this happened at Santa Pod raceway.
The car was 'so trick', Cooky took the car to the States and ran against the factory SS hemi cars also running 8's at the time.
It was the most expensive street car ever built back then at a cost of over 100,000 pounds UK.
Surely Koffel's would remember this car as it was 'very special' back then?
547ci iron block 'low-deck' ex Landy B1 motor with a bruno lenco and Pro-Mod wheels and street-tyres...

It was given/sold to another UK drag-racer who was going to 'up the ante' with a Indy maxx 572 iron motor.
But after many hours of work and countless pounds, the Indy maxx motor just 'fell-apart'....
Now its laying at the bottom of a river somewhere as a 'boat anchor'...:bs_flag:

ps, Cooky always said, it felt fast but for the money he spent its should have run SEVENS...
He went into pro-stock bikes I believe?
Much cheaper and felt REALLY fast...:rofl:

Last edited:
But it wasn't a Poly car so its not important now...

You may be right about 'possible' BS, but it was a real thing the ex-Cooky Dodge Dart!

The 1/4 mile calculators for the car say 8.20 at 174mph.
(3000lbs DART WITH 1200HP)

Maybe over twenty five years the 'et' went down a touch and the 'mph' went up a touch?
For the sake of argument and drunken senility we shall call it 8.30 and 170mph...:thankyou:

Last edited:
1984 Santa Pod raceway and 'Slammin' Sammy.

Vanishing Point, ET 3.58 what a man!

A God amongst mere mortals like myself...
I still got the grit in my eye from standing in the 'shed'...

It wasn't a Poly though...:usflag:

This thread is USELESS without Poly cars....:mad:

Auto Transport Service
Back