• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Derek in Roadworthy Rescues in my little hometown.

SteveSS

Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
I was out visiting with Mom last evening. She has satellite TV, whatever service that is called. I don't watch TV ever at my house. No cable, satellite, or antenna. Anyway, I flipped over the the car channel and saw a show with Derek from Vicegrip Garage in a different show. They had just bought an old F85 Oldsmobile hot rod. The car was in Dearing, KS. Population of 400. That's right on the KS. OK. border just south of my hometown of Independence, KS. Anyway with just minor work they got it running and drove to Independence and got a quickie paint job. They got pulled over by the Indy cops for no tail lights but were let go and followed to the body shop. They had it painted did a couple of burnouts in town and that was it.

Holy crap I couldn't believe how many commercials were on that show!!! How do folks watch regular TV? It was horrible. I'll stick to YouTube for my car shows.

I subscribed to Motor Trend for about a month just to check out Roadworthy Rescues shortly after it came out(last year IIRC). I wound up cancelling the subscription as it didn't quite have that family feel VGG has that we enjoy.

My wife and I met Derek Bieri and his wife Jessica down in Bristol, TN last year. They are the same great folks in person as they are on their YouTube channel we watch regularly. :thumbsup:

I have DirecTV mainly because I like to watch live baseball but everything and I mean EVERYTHING gets DVR'ed so all the commercials get zipped by. I usually start watching ball games after they have been on for an hour and by the time I catch up, the game is just about ending that way time spent watching is way less than having to watch all the commercials.

Garage Squad is just one big commercial for Rock Auto.
Cristy Lee was fairly easy on the eye also.....

1696541941529.png

I do enjoy the shows that take dormant or neglected cars and make them run and drive again! Not every car has to be a 1000 point show poodle with a date coded voltage regulator and those God awful dork dish hubcaps now seen on almost every Mopar muscle car these days! Sometimes Roadkill and Roadworthy Rescue are a little over the top with the hacks,but I enjoy those types of cars more than the show poodles!

That looks more like Christie Brinkley, Roger!

It's almost time for Neewollah in my hometown of Independence KS. Like I tell you every year it's crazy how they go all out for Halloween. A week-long celebration that takes over the whole town. Realy takes over that whole part of Kansas. It's Halloween spelled backward. They only get big acts like the Oak Ridge Boys because their long-time manager is from my hometown. Roy Clark used to come every year. I grew up with Roy because my good Friend Sherman was the manager's son and he became a manager too. We get Tim McGraw a lot too. Same reason.

It's supposed to look like Christie from her famous cover of the Swimsuit Issue.

christie.jpg

I subscribed to Motor Trend for about a month just to check out Roadworthy Rescues shortly after it came out(last year IIRC). I wound up cancelling the subscription as it didn't quite have that family feel VGG has that we enjoy.

My wife and I met Derek Bieri and his wife Jessica down in Bristol, TN last year. They are the same great folks in person as they are on their YouTube channel we watch regularly. :thumbsup:

you sure do meet a lot of famous people :lol:

I do enjoy the shows that take dormant or neglected cars and make them run and drive again! Not every car has to be a 1000 point show poodle with a date coded voltage regulator and those God awful dork dish hubcaps now seen on almost every Mopar muscle car these days! Sometimes Roadkill and Roadworthy Rescue are a little over the top with the hacks,but I enjoy those types of cars more than the show poodles!

I have a real nice set of steelies and doggy caps....... and it will be because of you that they may never make it onto my car.......for sale ad in 3......2.......1.....

Just doing my part to keep Mopar muscle cars cool,and wheels and tires that look like they belong on grandpa's 63 Valiant aren't cool!

Auto Transport Service
Back