• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Drummers

John Bonahm.
Stewart Copeland.
Alex Van Halen.
Keith Moon.
Dave Ghrohl.
Shelia E.

I liked a lot of the drummers from back in the fiftites annd 60 s but there are a lot of very good drummers thru the years up to date

Last edited:
Mitch Mitchell ( overshadowed by Hendrix)
Ginger Baker
Alex Van Halen
Keith Moon (amazing idiot)

man there are a lot of good drummers and a lot of very very good drummers styles have change a lot over the years and Im sure they will come in the future I liked Sandy Nelson in the sixteis

Last edited:
another of my favorite drummers is Ginger Baker

I also liked Buddy Miles may not of been the best drummer but he was baddest drummer he played with Jimi Hendrex

I remember when the remake of Get Ready came and heard the Pete Rivera and Rare Earth

video is old but could be a drummer at the top of the list one day

Last edited:
I could add Shannon Larkin to my list...not a godsmack fan but that skinny mofo is a badass too..

It's always hard to know how good some of these guys are, if only going by their well known stuff...case in point Steve Smith from Journey. I've seen him doing some jazz performances and he was amazing, but you'd never think it if you only knew his Journey stuff...same goes for a lot of these players.

carmine appice of vanilla fudge jeff beck group

I met him once after a show
A real down to earth person class act.
I also met Ritchie Hayward
Of little feat/Robert Plant and I have
A set of sticks he gave me

Phillip Hugh Norman Rudd AC/DC 1975-83

The guy who played drums for Dick Dale & The Deltones

the guy who originally played 'wipe out' for the Safari's

the guy from Booker T & the MG's on 'green onions'

I don't remember any of their names off hand
I'm not really a groupie :fool: don't remember such things, 'much'

I loved how they all played the drums :lowdown:

man there are a lot of good drummers and a lot of very very good drummers styles have change a lot over the years and Im sure they will come in the future I liked Sandy Nelson in the sixteis

I think back and it was Sandy that turned me on to drums, Birth of the Beat, mom had it it in a 45 and I would steal it and listen to it over and over on my record player...probably around 75ish. Also liked the beach reverb bands, Ron Wilson & Wipeout , that was an awesome beat

Auto Transport Service
Back