• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Drummers

Ron Wilson played the drum riff for wipe out for the safaris

Al Jackson Jr. Green omions Booler T and The Mg s

Dick Dale and the Del Tones had several drummer s

you da' man Dale :thumbsup:
:thankyou:

some people get confused there was Dick Dale and The Del Tones and there was another groupe called The Deltones they were from Australia

Last edited:
bud dont forget Mel Taylor and his work withe Ventures Carvan was one of his solos

I love the old surf music
it was a bit before my time,
I was like 2-3 when it started
I have an old soul, I love that era & music...

I love the old surf music
it was a bit before my time,
I was like 2-3 when it started
I have an old soul, I love that era & music...
Same here...though I was never a do-wop fan ,mom took us to see Bobby Vinton at Astroworld when I was around 9 or so, I just didn't get it. Lol!
I was born in 69 but grew listening to early 60s, Motown, Surf Rock as that was mom's favorite and it just progressed . Late 60s early 70s rock is probably my favorite era.

How could I forget Jesse Mendez(Jesus Mendez Jr) A good bro and former bandmate. Once upon a time he was this kid drumming for mariachi groups and grew into a premier metal drummer. He's worked with many well known artists and up until a couple years ago was in Jason Newstead's self-titled group...

Last edited:
Saw were someone checked the timing of the RR era Drummers with a computer or some how and Frank Beard of ZZ Top was the best.

Why Bonham was that damn good.

Then there is Bill Ward the best damn drum beater.

I once ran the soundboard for an Elvis impersonator.

Their drummer was the original drummer for Bill Haley's Comets (on the Rock Around the Clock record).

Way older than the other guys but real cool guy.

Pretty basic, but DEAD on.

Kinda reminded me of Bun E. Carlos of Cheap Trick.

Lots of good ones! Peart has my vote as one of the best for sure. Not a rush fan but he is good

The drummer from Def Leppard......he’s only got 1 arm and kicks ***!

IMO Def Leppard made a major mistake by re-releasing "High And Dry" with the watered down remix of "Bringin On The Heartbreak" the only change.

They ruined that song and lost the opportunity to have another studio album with Rick Allen's other arm.

Auto Transport Service
Back