• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

favorite oil filters?

favorite oil filter?

• Wix

Votes: 137 51.3%
  • Mopar Performance

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Fram

Votes: 52 19.5%
  • Purolator

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Pennzoil

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 45 16.9%

• Total voters
Okay, so I need a new filter for my riding mower. They want $11 for a "tecumseh factory approved original filter" from the local mower shop.:eek: I'm thinking I'm smart now since I read this thread, can cross-reference, and its really small [2-3/4" x 3"], so I take the advice of "youse guys", and go to Napa. :D Guess what!! $11 :head_smack: But at least I guess I got a Hi-Po mower now!

I like the Mobil 1 filter because it is great quality PLUS if you peel the sticker off it is just pure black and looks stock!

I hate orange Fram filters and batteries with big ugly Duralast or what not stickers all over them. That suff just screams Autozone to me!

So, yeah, Mobil 1...

I have been running Wix filter...This is the best filter for me. I had seen not before any types of problem on it.

If you are using the 'long filter' (Wix 51515, Motorcraft FL-1A, Delco PH-2) you can upgrade to the Wix # 51452 for a heavier metal mounting plate and thicker housing. As an added (opinion!) benefit, it is painted white.

This filter was actually specified for the V10 Dodge Trucks in the 90's as a Severe Service option.

first would be wix 2nd amsoil filters

Callahan makes a good one...
tommy_boy_gtx_3.jpg

tommy.jpg

LOL :rolling: That is too funny! What a classic... RIP Mr. Farley..

Callahan!! lol. Great show. I use Wix, Mobil 1 mostly....and quit using Fram over 20 years ago!

Not a fan of Fram either.... Card board end caps held on by hot melt glue??? No thanks....

WIX but just tried a amsoil filter on my B1 motor, going with synthetic in my 605 B1 TS motor.

Attachments

• FINISHED 605 B1 TS CORONET 003.jpg
    FINISHED 605 B1 TS CORONET 003.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 347
  • FINISHED 605 B1 TS CORONET 004.jpg
    FINISHED 605 B1 TS CORONET 004.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 357
  • UNDERCARRIAGE 65 DODGE BLACK CORONET 015.jpg
    UNDERCARRIAGE 65 DODGE BLACK CORONET 015.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 352
I have always liked the K&N filter design..they are a bit more expensive but I've used them religiously for the past 7-8 years on various vehicles.

I've been using Fram filters for 45 years with no issues or failures, but will use Wix, (or NAPA) sometimes.
The only filter I won't use is Amsoil............. To dense. Thay may load up in an older engine and block oil flow...... bye bye bearings.

Auto Transport Service
Back