• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FBBO cumulative years of Mopar knowledge, experience, passion - Post up your time

I have not been without at least one B Body Mopar since I was 14... That's 41 years now........

73 charger I got age 15 in 1987. Since then a string of cars and trucks, all mopars except 1959 el Camino, 1948 ford F6, 92 vette (that needs a new home)....

39 years into anything with a motor and MOPARS ! Started working on my dads stock car at 12 and never looked back. He would put a Hemi in anything ! Remember his buddys 48 ford truck with a Hemi and push button trans. Thay bilt Pipe orgon stack for it ( 4 pipes per side)
Man you could hear that thing sing in the next hollow when he was on his way to our shop !!!
AH Those was the days !!

Thanks for stepping up and sharing guys. We're just a you now what hair away from 1.5K

42Posts1,482years and counting !

A friend bought a '69 and I liked it so I found my 1970 road runner, back in 1977. Still have it, so there's another 36 years for you. :)

BOOM! Thanks for pushing over Photon .. on to Mar's 3K now

43Posts1,518years and counting !

@ 15 y/o on my own since 1974 {39}, helping on my step dads cars, he married my mother in 1966, I was by his side & I learned at a pretty young age

you guys make me feel old now 52 going on 53 years and RC you need not make a comment

you guys make me feel old now 52 going on 53 years and RC you need not make a comment

LOL... well if I count my time helping my step dad Bob, since 1966 when I was 7 y/o or so, handing wrench's & cleaning parts etc. watching so maybe 47 going on 48... I'm getting a little closer to ya...

My love for Mopars has been there since I was born. Mopar has been in the family for well over 90 years. Mom used to say I was born with dexron as my blood. I received my first speeding ticket in a 1962 Dodge PU at 13 yrs old. I grew up repairing Mopars from about 9 yrs old in my dad's tranny shop. I had to be part of all mopars when they came in the shop period. I fell in love with the 69 RR about 1972 when dad had one in the shop for a clutch job and made it my mission to buy one.(at that time I was only 11 yrs old) My first ever that I paid for myself was a 68 Coronet 440 4dr with a 383 (still have the motor from it)at age 15 and owned mopars ever since. Finally in 1978 ran across what i thought at first was a RR and ended up being a 68 GTX and refused to leave with out it and I still have it today. So if you add up the whole family 90 yrs + But my self 46 yrs + and proud of it.

I just turned 52 this month so don't feel bad snakeyes it is a great age to be.<LOL>

Great thread Tallhair

Well I'm here to learn and ask more questions than I'm able to contribute but if we can go with Passion the first car I brought home to work on with my old man when I was 15 was a 70 Plymouth Fury very solid car I picked up for $150 and have been a Mopar man ever since... I'm 35 now so make that 20 years

Duly noted and dutifully inscribed in the ledger

48Posts1,718years and counting !

Just remembered, I was brought home from the hospital in a 48 Chrysler Windsor. How's that for an early memory? ; ) That was in 1953. Suicide doors. No car seat or seatbelts.

Great Idea I'm 49 now and was introduced to Mopars at the grand old age of 8 by my Dad who was a Ford guy go figure! I no what flipped him It was the Hemi he fitted to his 39 Ford and from then on you can only but guess!! My first buy was a 73 Charger 265 Hemi when I was 18 then a 78 Chrysler Valiant 318, These 2 cars may confuse as they were built for the New Zealand and Australian market's, Then there are the American Mopars, the 78 Ram with a hotter 318, 68 Dodge Dart convertible with the indestructible 225 Slant 6, 70 Chrysler 300 Hurst 440 and the 65 Plymouth Belvedere convertible 426 wedge. I do like to mix it up some what but anyways I guess I have 41 years of Mopar ingrained in me.

Yep I was brought home in 1961 in a 1958 Imperial with a 392 hemi Dad say's it was the best rock solid car he EVER owned and boy it would fly.

Just remembered, I was brought home from the hospital in a 48 Chrysler Windsor. How's that for an early memory? ; ) That was in 1953. Suicide doors. No car seat or seatbelts.

You know I must.....

tumblr_kyz12aY3MI1qa5a9k.jpg

you can stack on my 38 years or so.like many hear i got the bug from my dad.he was forever hooked with the release of the 68 body styles.still my fav to this day.

Auto Transport Service
Back