• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Tag Decode

64lonske

Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
Where can find someone or how do I decode a fender tag? Thanks
Fender Tag.PNG

Feb 20 1964 scheduled production date, the 6004, along with 0220 is the shipping order number. 642 is Dodge polara 500 two door hardtop with a V/8. P5V is white and red vinyl bucket seat interior.PP1 is red paint, roof and body. I don't have info on the L.A. assembly plant, so I can' t do the rest.

Feb 20 1964 scheduled production date, the 6004, along with 0220 is the shipping order number. 642 is Dodge polara 500 two door hardtop with a V/8. P5V is white and red vinyl bucket seat interior.PP1 is red paint, roof and body. I don't have info on the L.A. assembly plant, so I can' t do the rest.

THANKS

other than a build sheet is there anyway to identify what drivetrain the a 64' was built with?

If your car has the standard engine in it it will not be coded on the tag. In your case that would be a 318 poly. Different plants put the codes in different spots on the tag. The 5 could be a auto trans. The other numbers don't make sense as engine codes unless your car was built in Hamtramck.

Auto Transport Service
Back