• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Filling trim holes.

snakeoil24, Obviously you don't do much body work cause "all the plastic fillers are junk" and "the fiberglass filler will show thru" If your talking about bleeding then you obviously did not use any sealer but I have only seen those problems with large area repairs.
green the cars i have done are since the early 70's and I still say the Fillers are junk. Weld the holes and lead them in after.

- - - Updated - - -

You must weld up the holes period.I mean weld them with mig or tig with a steel filler metal.No lead,no silicon brazing,no spray brazing,no brazing,soldering period.Lead is a poor repair as well,it becomes acitic.It will break down in a very long period of time,the big problems is the acitic layer that forms between the lead and top coat.Brazing is even worse,silicon bronze a big maybe at best.Weld the holes up,grind them down,and use a quality filler to finish the imperfections.Take your time with the grinding and welding,don't build a bunch of heat.Don't use a blow gun to cool it,you will harden the weld almost if you water quenched it.Don't use duraglass or all metal.Use a quality polyester based filler(Zgrip or quantum is my choise) to finish off the repair.The repair is not a major job.It is time consuming,if you want to do it right.
I do like that Z glas.

Auto Transport Service
Back