• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally, a more realistic 'reality car show'

Dako

Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
Watching "Garage Squad" on Velocity TV. They show up at someones house and help them get their stalled project back into a safe, drivable condition. Like the other shows, they have a team of folks, and they also work multiple days to get the work done, but this is actually believable!

not too bad so far

I liked it... seen the first few episodes

they did a 67-68 Barracuda Pro-Street/old race car with a cage, with a 440 build,
for a farmer/former Chevy guy, in over his head 2nd episode IIRC,

they did a couple Fords, a 65 Mustang & a 63 Fairlane 4dr in the 1st episode,

the last one they did a 68 Chevelle 454 BBC transplant, the guy started to build IIRC,
that was a basket case that the guy took it apart, painted it & put a engine in, sat for years
& ran out of parts money or ability, while raising a family etc.

I like "Garage Squad", too. Maybe they can stop by and help me with my lowered '68 D100! I've had the truck two and a half years and have driven it 14 miles.

I'll have to check it out and maybe give them a call....mine has been in many pieces for over 15 years!!!!and is the longest I've ever let anything sit.

I like this one a lot. When I first saw the previews I thought maybe it was going to be like those home shows where they humiliate the husband who can't seem to finish anything. But this show seems more respectful to the people they are helping so it's been good. The guy and girl car hosts seem a little too slick for me to believe they are actual car people but then they do show them actually working on things so that's good too.

I signed up to be on that show for my car (Body & Paint) but I'm am pretty sure since I am not a disabled vet or have a kid with leukemia or a father who just passed etc etc and a small garage pretty sure they won't pick me. just like that other show that was part of powerblock my car just wouldn't make good TV and that's all it is TV at least no better than the other IMHO

Got it. Comcast doesn't carry Velocity.

You need Dish Network man We love it, when HD was in full swing and we didn't have it I called them up bitching and they upgraded me for free with a new DVR and slingbox now I can watch my shows anywhere ipad, phone, pc and out here we don't' get real crazy weather so a storm outage is like once every 10 years lol

Garage squad is great. That, Wheeler Dealers and Top Gear (UK) are about all i watch (and duck dynasty of course!).

I saw the mustang/fairlane episode, and I thought it was odd that they spent 5 minutes lecturing about the inadequacies of single master cylinders and installing a thousand dollar brake system on the mustang, then held up a new, single master cylinder for installation on the fairlane about 10 minutes later.

Stacey David did one of those for his YouTube Channel. They helped a teen with his Dodge pick-up.

[video=youtube;r3cKZgHzfpg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=r3cKZgHzfpg&list=UU0h0a535Q4o1xtCvGLnL7Ng[/video]

Where were they 10 years ago haha, I'll have to check it out.

The one Host is from Truck U, cannot remember His name?

Man i keep hearing about all these grate T.V car shows...but i have no cable or satellite T.V...Got rid of everything about 7 years ago..got tired of paying there outrageous price's plus the media B.S !! Funny thing i don't even miss it !!!

I signed up to be on that show for my car (Body & Paint) but I'm am pretty sure since I am not a disabled vet or have a kid with leukemia

Haven't actually seen any poor sob stories on the show, just normal people who had stalled projects. I actually liked the more realistic story lines with the show and the real restoration work being done. None of the make me feel sorry for the person stuff that you see on other shows, just tech tips and realistic dead lines and work being done to make cars run and drive

Yeah it's a pretty good show , they have been doing shows in the chicago area , too bad they don't stop buy my house . The one guy from truck u is Bruno ??? He's a pretty good guy.

Auto Transport Service
Back