• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally, bullfights ban in México city.

I too went to a bull fight in Mexico City. Yes the bull is stabbed with swords until it bleeds to death. To say that the bulls are not tortured in any way is total bull ****. No pun intended. Much different than shooting an Elk in the head.
You don't think that getting stabbed in the neck would hurt like hell? The Mayans would behead the winner of their sport. Should that continue in their cultural?
Elk are simply not shot in the head resulting
in an instant humane kill. The last one I took
resulted in 3 days worth of tracking his
blood trail.
You talk of the bulls as if they were human.
The last thing on his mind is the pain in his
neck. His focus is on trying to take out an
enemy. I double dog dare you to befriend
one if you happen to wander into his
territory. Hope you can run fast.
By the way, I've grown up in the southwest
and full well understand and respect the
Hispanic heritage. They are a proud people
and stand strong on ancient, passed down
traditions. They love gaming of just about
any sort, from pit bull to cock fighting.
Ain't sayin' it's right (and there are US laws
against such activities).
Where's you dissent when it comes to cows
in India? Walking the streets eating
cardboard to stay alive, dumping loads
of crap outside the door of your favorite
eatery.
Some bulls from these bouts are given a
reprieve. (not all are killed). The ones that
are, are not just dragged off to rot in the hot
sun.
Your dog may benefit from the bulls demise,
as some bulls are processed into pet food.
The hide is cured for anything leather, and
believe it or not, some of the meat for human consumption.
You may find comfort in joining your local
PETA chapter.
I heard there was a truck load of chickens
that overturned on the highway somewhere.
Who are we that would interfere with long
standing beliefs because of OUR
conscience? Just because YOU don't
agree? That's a hyprocrit in my book.

Last edited:
I'd Root for the Bull...

I saw it once, like 1977...
I understand it as part of the culture too, 1 guy got gored pretty good
not a huge fan of it

hell I 'root for the bull' at the PBR rodeos too
unless it's someone I know riding them

I'm a bit bias
I had one of these (an example not mine) guys
'Charolais' breed
named Kevin'
I raised him, I bottle fed him, his mother wouldn't let him, nurse
he was like a big ol' dog, gentle "with me & a girl named Debbie Mc."
not really anyone else thou
It was during my FFA (Future Farmers of America) project in HS,
Ag/ROP classes
his seed went on to sell for about $5k a pop
2,000#'s of muscle, sired hundreds of calves, some went on to show or Rodeo too
It was a great experience
View attachment 1298917

I got **** from stupid ignorant 'city people' for showing him
they acted like I was mistreating him somehow
they had no idea how spoiled/pampered he was
I'd just say; "go **** yourself, you don't know ****",
I was young, but not dumb...
& yes I eat Beef still
I raised them while in HS & Jr High, on my dad's place in Garden Valley
Herefords mostly, a few Angus, some hybrids Charolais/Holstein mixes,
big Mo-Fos
That is one majestic animal. Impressive

Elk are simply not shot in the head resulting
in an instant humane kill. The last one I took
resulted in 3 days worth of tracking his
blood trail.
You talk of the bulls as if they were human.
The last thing on his mind is the pain in his
neck. His focus is on trying to take out an
enemy. I double dog dare you to befriend
one if you happen to wander into his
territory. Hope you can run fast.
By the way, I've grown up in the southwest
and full well understand and respect the
Hispanic heritage. They are a proud people
and stand strong on ancient, passed down
traditions. They love gaming of just about
any sort, from pit bull to cock fighting.
Ain't sayin' it's right (and there are US laws
against such activities).
Where's you dissent when it comes to cows
in India? Walking the streets eating
cardboard to stay alive, dumping loads
of crap outside the door of your favorite
eatery.
Some bulls from these bouts are given a
reprieve. (not all are killed). The ones that
are, are not just dragged off to rot in the hot
sun.
Your dog may benefit from the bulls demise,
as some bulls are processed into pet food.
The hide is cured for anything leather, and
believe it or not, some of the meat for human consumption.
You may find comfort in joining your local
PETA chapter.
I heard there was a truck load of chickens
that overturned on the highway somewhere.
Who are we that would interfere with long
standing beliefs because of OUR
conscience?
Maybe one of the most ridiculous defense posts I’ve ever seen. I’ve been a big game hunter nearly all my life from MN to CO to WY and everywhere in between. What the hell does hunting a bull elk have to do with this? Either you’ve never been to a “real“ bull fight - Or should I say death by a thousand stabbings - or you’re just one sick dude. A bull elk, moose, deer, antelope etc etc has one hell of a better chance of escaping your pea shooter than you do of killing him. I’ve killed pretty much every big game in North America - so I’m no peta boy. I went to that “bull fight” when I was young, brash, immature and wouldn’t imagine anything would make me as sick as that spectacle. I’ve traveled the wilds all over Asia - actually I’m posting this from the Philippines right this moment. I’ve seen a lot - and nothing has made me more sickened than the cowardly way they bleed out those bulls.

So save your ridiculous diatribes for something legitimate. And oh yeah - conscience has nothing to do with it. Kill a lion with a knife I’d say you have some balls. Kill a bull in front of 10,000 people the way these prima Donna punk matadors do and I say you’re a coward.

I have never witnessed one in person, but as a kid I thought it would be fun. That was until I realised the bulls didn't stand a chance.

I like my steaks medium......not tortured.

So I guess that Elk didn't suffer while it bleed for 3 days. Maybe you should learn to be a better shot. So only humans suffer? I never said that the bulls weren't put to good use after they die. I've been around bulls and also grew up in the Southwest. I don't have any desire to join PETA and don't really need you putting words in my mouth especially beings you know nothing about me.

Last edited:
Maybe one of the most ridiculous defense posts I’ve ever seen. I’ve been a big game hunter nearly all my life from MN to CO to WY and everywhere in between. What the hell does hunting a bull elk have to do with this? Either you’ve never been to a “real“ bull fight - Or should I say death by a thousand stabbings - or you’re just one sick dude. A bull elk, moose, deer, antelope etc etc has one hell of a better chance of escaping your pea shooter than you do of killing him. I’ve killed pretty much every big game in North America - so I’m no peta boy. I went to that “bull fight” when I was young, brash, immature and wouldn’t imagine anything would make me as sick as that spectacle. I’ve traveled the wilds all over Asia - actually I’m posting this from the Philippines right this moment. I’ve seen a lot - and nothing has made me more sickened than the cowardly way they bleed out those bulls.

So save your ridiculous diatribes for something legitimate. And oh yeah - conscience has nothing to do with it. Kill a lion with a knife I’d say you have some balls. Kill a bull in front of 10,000 people the way these prima Donna punk matadors do and I say you’re a coward.

I do believe you've missed the entire point.
Cultural differences are rarely understood.
I wasn't getting down on anyone, merely
trying to stress the point that different
peoples have rituals that some would
misconstrue as barbaric. This was not a
defense post. More of a cultural thing.
Someone else brought up the bull elk.
Please read the proceeding posts before
passing judgment. I'm on your side.
It is their belief that bull fighting is
justifiable. Never said I support the
activity. Just their right to do so, just
as your right to travel the world to kill
whatever you wish.

whatever you wish.
Well that was a lot better. Your other post you seemed to fly off of your rocker. I've been to Mexico several times and actually love the cultural there.

Well that was a lot better. Your other post you seemed to fly off of your rocker. I've been to Mexico several times and actually love the cultural there.
Moparmarks,
Thanks.
I joined this site seeking help and advice
on how to get a 440 to run to it's full
potential given the parameters. I'm
guilty of straying off course due to
my cantankerous ways.

whatever you wish.
Well thanks for the schooling on cultural differences. I’ll bet you a bitcoin to a donut that I understand and have been exposed to more cultures and rituals than most Americans will ever be. And I did read the preceding posts and in fact commented earlier in case you didn’t. Your post was what it was - and I responded in kind. Would t change a word of mine. Sounds like you would of yours.

And just to be clear - I eat what I kill.

I too hunt for food. Or at least I use to. Haven't gone hunting for a number of years. Other than Hawaii I've never been off of this continent. Would love to travel the world.

"kill a bull in front of 10,000 people" states
my point perfectly. There are those that
recognize the art for what it is. Cruel or not.
Hundreds of years of heritage simply cannot
be cast aside because you may find the act
offensive. At least 10,000 don't find it so.
With my exploits, grit, determination, and
being married for 47 years, I am far from
being a coward. I see nothing wrong with
those 10,000 adhering to traditions held
for generations.
PS...the elk I tracked for three days turned
at the very last second. Instead of a heart
shot, the bullet hit him at an angle where
it exited just above his left shoulder. He
was one tough son of a gun. But I did
put forth the effort to see he didn't suffer
any more than he had to. I've 13 kills to my
record, all down with one shot. And I had a
bite or two of every single one of them.

I don't see how bull fighting can be compared to hunting in any way, it's much closer to dog fighting and that could be agrued as "Cultural" by some, not me.

"kill a bull in front of 10,000 people" states
my point perfectly. There are those that
recognize the art for what it is. Cruel or not.
Hundreds of years of heritage simply cannot
be cast aside because you may find the act
offensive. At least 10,000 don't find it so.
With my exploits, grit, determination, and
being married for 47 years, I am far from
being a coward. I see nothing wrong with
those 10,000 adhering to traditions held
for generations.
PS...the elk I tracked for three days turned
at the very last second. Instead of a heart
shot, the bullet hit him at an angle where
it exited just above his left shoulder. He
was one tough son of a gun. But I did
put forth the effort to see he didn't suffer
any more than he had to. I've 13 kills to my
record, all down with one shot. And I had a
bite or two of every single one of them.
Yeah right - this time you completely miss my point. Those cowards aren’t “killing a bull”. They and their other cowardly accomplices are just running around slicing this proud animal repeatedly ensuring he bleeds out before the bozo with the stupid hat and red flag has to go near him. How utterly ridiculous to even term it a “bull fight”. Like I said before it’s death by a thousand stabbings. You say what you said then you try to walk it back then you re-say what you said the first time. I don’t give two shits about this “proud Hispanic” heritage you constantly associate yourself with. I guess you would say the same of the countries in Africa that maim little girls private parts for some stupid ritual - how proud. Or the many, many middle eastern customs they have and are allowed against women in the name of customs. Then there’s the scumbag Chinese and their treatment of the yeaguers (sp). Wow how proud.

Here you are from no-where Roswell bragging about your kill shots - I will say this I’ve never felt or imagined an ounce of bravery or bravado in myself for any kill I’ve ever made because they were all with either a shotgun or a high powered rifle from distance. Like I said kill a lion or a grizzly with a knife and you've got some balls - kill a bull with six others running around protecting you by making the only true thing in that ring with balls by bleeding him out to ensure no one save the bull is in danger You’re a coward. You must not of even read the original poster - Leon - Mexican living his whole life in Mexico - his accurate and brutally descriptive post about exactly what goes on in that ring. I’ve seen it live - and it’s as sick as it comes. They can take their ”heritage” in that respect and shove it up their asses. If I seem a little fiery - you bet. Nothing against your person - just against your thought process.
@coronet68mx - Where are you so you can school this guy.

Last edited:
This is bull!! Bull fighting should be bare fisted only.......

Stopping/canceling a country's cultural activities is key to ending the country. Forcing woke policlys becomes much easier to install.
Yeah well most Mexican's still believe that you can't flush the toilet after taking a **** even in this country so they wiper their *** and throw the paper in a trash can........some things need to be changed and when something was wrong from the start, which bull fighting is, then it just becomes a good deed of not being an asshole savage bastard.

Holy - crap...

Expecting anything more from humans is the downfall. Sacrifices from biblical times and worse. There are status quo people and then others that try to relieve guilt in any place they can. When human to human treatment is horrible, why do we focus on animals? It isn't surprising as to what it says about us. We are bad.

I hunt for food, for more then thirty five years the only red meat that we’ve eaten outside of a restaurant has been harvested by me personally. Or my daughter. Anyway…
It’s not a sport, and for those of us that live off of the land in this way we disagree with the label “sport hunting”. That should be banned, as should bull fighting. It’s wrong to kill women with big tits, how is it a sport to kill an unarmed vegetarian with a rifle just because it has big antlers? Up here we used to get many “sport” hunters that would come up and kill a caribou or two for their large antlers. I very seldom saw the meat going home with the hunter. Even now, in magazine ads in sporting goods magazines it always shows the hunter packing out a large set of antlers and a suspiciously light pack sack. By killing the older, knowledgeable herd bull the herd lost it’s leader and it’s strongest member of the gene pool. Caribou are now a threatened species here, not only because of over hunting but because of changes in the environment.
Bull fighting a sport? Throw the toreador in the ring with only his bare hands to fight a bull. I would pay big money to watch that. Defend it on cultural grounds? Certain cultures used to do many things for entertainment that we no longer do.
Leon called it right. Also, it’s his culture, his opinion on it matters.

Auto Transport Service
Back