• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finishing the inside of the pole building.

turbo36

Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
Finally getting around to finishing the inside of the pole barn. Buried the air lines to give it a cleaner look. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Wondering how you're going to keep those buried air lines from filling up with water?

Otherwise, like the shop. Good job!

Wondering how you're going to keep those buried air lines from filling up with water?

Otherwise, like the shop. Good job!

First off there will be a refrigerated dryer between the tank and the main trunk line, each of the distribution drops have two outlets, the lower is the "drip leg". The lines are buried in insulation to minimize rapid temperature changes. Should be pretty dry.

- - - Updated - - -

sweet tractor shed. you gonna build one for your Mopars?

Actually I have the cars in the tractor shed along with the other stuff that isn't self powered. I chose to put the tractors and the Kubota RTV in this barn because they can be driven out of the way. I plan to put a row of pallet rack along the back wall and then install a lift for working on the cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks a lot nicer than a barn to me!!! Nice compressor also.

Thanks for the compliment. Funny thing is, your thread on restoring your chicken motivated me to get going on this project.

First off there will be a refrigerated dryer between the tank and the main trunk line, each of the distribution drops have two outlets, the lower is the "drip leg". The lines are buried in insulation to minimize rapid temperature changes. Should be pretty dry.

Ahhh,........cool (pun intended) So the refrigeration unit removes probably 99% of the moisture before the air even enters the main line. Thanks for the explanation!

Everything is nice and well lit. it looks bright enough to find that needle in the haystack. Having the lines behind the wall looks great, and with the outlets you don't have to drag the air lines all over the place.

Looks sweet, hopefuly no large air leaks.

Tested it today, very happy with the results - just a very small loss of around 2 psi per hour from the 80 gallon tank feeding the distribution lines. Hard to get them perfect but this one is close.

Tested it today, very happy with the results - just a very small loss of around 2 psi per hour from the 80 gallon tank feeding the distribution lines. Hard to get them perfect but this one is close.

Check everything exposed, you may get a pleasant surprise.

I run buried lines in my walls. I put drains at the end of the runs but water has never been an issue. Built it 10 years ago. Never froze either (Detroit). My pole barn does stay heated to 50 when not being used. My compressor is up in a unheated loft.

Doug

:notworthy:I like ,I like ,very nice :headbang:

Great looking building. Now for the fun part of figuring out how you want to layout your workstation, shelving, and benches.

Auto Transport Service
Back