• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fire wall insulation

c.moo

Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
This is on a 63 b body , would the stock fire wall insulation be better then Kilmat reason asking if I use the kilmat going to weld up holes where the pins fasten the stock insulation on , hate to weld them up . Wonder if I could use seam sealer on holes ? Thanks

This is on a 63 b body , would the stock fire wall insulation be better then Kilmat reason asking if I use the kilmat going to weld up holes where the pins fasten the stock insulation on , hate to weld them up . Wonder if I could use seam sealer on holes ? Thanks
Sure, you could also use small plastic plugs (hardware store), or cut small circles of black electrical tape and stick them on larger pieces, sticky sides together, which you place over the inside of the holes.
Mike

I put short bolts with nuts with built in washers on the outside in those holes, with a small bit of rtv or seam sealer.
Iirc some holes where not entirely flat, and there were only a few.
From the engine compartment, it just looks like something is bolted under the dash.
I welded everything on this car, including turning an a/c firewall into non-a/c, but I left holes when I was not sure what they were there for, since the car was completely blown apart, and everything blown off it was as well.

The one above the valve cover in the pic is for the heater, the other 2 are fake.

20230528_174810.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back