• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firmfeel steering box upgrade? Worth it?

68.mopar

Local time
11:32 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a stage 2 box for my 68 coronet.

Any reviews if it's worth it? I'm wanting to get rid of the steering play.

Recently changed out all suspension .. QA1 stage 1 kit ( shock .. UCA .. Strut bar.. ) new lower ball joints/inner outer tie rods and lca bushings.

Also, curious to know if anyone has done a steering rack conversion?

There's Borgeson steering box, unless you are having yours rebuilt.

I have a stage 3 box in my Cuda. Yes, worth it. Took away the sloppy no-center mopar feel.

Firm Feel Stage 1 here. One of the best upgrades ever. Stage 2 next time. Car goes straight. Feels good at triple digits.

Stage 2 Steer and Gear box. Handles 100% better.

I went with the Stage 3 on my Coronet - love it. Nice heavy feel at low speeds, tight on the freeway. Combined with PST suspension components, tubular A arms, boxed LCA's, .96 T bars, Bilsteins.
With all the suspension upgrades you installed I recommend the 3.

Firm Feel Stage 2 with Steering link bushing kit. Also have your drag link bore checked and get welded up and rebored. Coronet Darter is right on the money. I would get your upper control arms from Firm Feeonly because you have one vendor to work with.

Auto Transport Service
Back