• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First classic MOPAR...

19Fury63

Reaction score
Hello there everyone, my name is Jeff and I recently purchased a 1963 Plymouth Fury...it will be delivered to my house some time next week (I hope). Just wanted to extend a hello to you all and hope I can get a bit of advice on a good direction to take eventually.

No pictures yet but here's a basic run-down. 1963 Fury, 4-door, 4-speed manual on the floor. Came with a 225 Slant-6, freshly re-built with high perf cam, pistons, etc...(dealer didn't know a whole lot about this so I don't have an extended list). New flat black paint job, new trim, new wheels and tires, and a new exhaust system. The interior has recently been semi-redone as well to the best of my knowledge.

Anyway, hoping to get this thing in my garage soon so I can get to work. I'm no stranger to working on cars, but am definitely a stranger to the classic car world, although I've been searching for one for about 5 years now.

Any advice on the specifics of this motor and what can be done to it are greatly appreciated...I am mostly concerned with fuel type and oil type recommendations at this point.

Thanks,
Jeff

All I have right now are 2 from the ad...more to come once it arrives.

1963Fury.gif

1963Fury2.gif

I really would like some advice on fuel recommendations and what type of oil to use, I plan to do an oil change once it comes in.

Thank you very much. I'm a bit worried about the oil question since most newer oils do not have any zinc in them and have heard that without it the pistons can take a beating..true? Also, I was told I could run just standard unleaded gas but am a bit worried about knocking at higher RPM.

Again, I'm new to this so I am not sure how true these statements are.

welcome

There are a couple of threads on the oil/zinc issue, but bottom line is you need an oil high in zinc, or use the ZDDP additive that Eastwood sells

welcome.car looks good.it looks like it has the potential to do whatever you want with it.

hey, thanks a bunch guys. What are the thoughts here about Clifford products? Worth getting a header/x-pipe set and their "Hyper Pak" manifold with a 4bbl? or maybe just the 2bbl?

I know I will get the most bang for my buck by increasing the compression (porting the heads I believe?) so we'll see.

Just wanted the advice of you all before I spend too much money on something that won't be beneficial.

Back