• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First milestone done

tmaleck

Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
I'm working with a shop on my 68 Charger restoration, but I'm trying to still do some myself. I just finished the instrument panel. Nicest looking one I've ever had. I will say getting the defrost block off plate in was a pain. That and the bezel had tons of ejector pin flash I had to remove. The grill restore is next. Still shooting for summer!
instrument_panel.jpg

Man you did one hell of a job on the dash...You sure you don't work for "Just dashs"?..Keep up the good work!!! Mopar or no car"

Looks awesome! Mine is at D&M Restoration right now.

Sweet dash/cluster! 68 Chargers Rule! Just finished installing the dash in mine. We need some pics and details about the car..

So are you going back all stock? and original color?
I'm going mild restomod. Currently has 10" manual drums. Too scary for me. So it will get a disc brake conversion. Has non matching 440 with a kludge of accessory brackets and missing factory air stuff. So Vintage Air and a serpentine belt kit along with FI Tech EFI. Some nice 15" Cragar S/S finish it off. The car is original Med green TT1, I'm looking at HOK dark green metallic over a gold pearl base. May add the white bumblebee stripe to accent the white vinyl top. Stock suspension rebuild plus maybe a rear sway bar, not sure there either.

I'm working with a shop on my 68 Charger restoration, but I'm trying to still do some myself. I just finished the instrument panel. Nicest looking one I've ever had. I will say getting the defrost block off plate in was a pain. That and the bezel had tons of ejector pin flash I had to remove. The grill restore is next. Still shooting for summer!
View attachment 558204
I just finished redoing one of my tail lights. I need to touch up a couple areas where my masking was off, but for just a few hours time cleaning and masking, I think they look good. Left side is next, then the grill.
right_tail_paint.jpg

Looks awesome. What did you use to clean it up with?

Looks awesome. What did you use to clean it up with?
A green scotchbrite dish sponge and Dawn dish soap for the big stuff and 180 grit to give the surface some bite. No spandpaper on the bezels, just the main housing. The paint is Rustoleum semi gloss industrial 15 minute dry.

A green scotchbrite dish sponge and Dawn dish soap for the big stuff and 180 grit to give the surface some bite. No spandpaper on the bezels, just the main housing. The paint is Rustoleum semi gloss industrial 15 minute dry.
Stopped by the shop yesterday, more good progress. They have all the old trunk out and frame rails sealed up. I was surprised how nice they were, no rot or accident damage.
frame_rails_por.jpg
old_trunk_metal.jpg

He drilled all the spot welds on all the old panels, must have taken a while!
old_tail_panel.jpg

Been there done that, lots of work!

Stopped by the shop again last week and dropped off the restored taillights and picked up my grill. The trunk floor is almost done, the back should be done in a couple weeks. The workmanship is amazing.

trunk_floor_left_ext.jpg trunk_floor complete.jpg

There are a ton of spot welds back there!

Fun to see this car coming along. Your doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Auto Transport Service
Back