• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First videos of 1STMP's "Dottie" - Dottie Rides Again!

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
David's (@1STMP ) long-term project is alive!
Here's the first couple of short videos of the truck's ressurection:

Dottie has quite the history, some of which has been shared on these very forum pages.
It's really good to see her alive and functioning again. :thumbsup:

I do whole heartedly appreciate Ed's
efforts. Having spent 48 years on
drafting tables, to today's CAD
capabilities, mostly designing heavy
truck, bus, military, and diplomatic
protection vehicles., (ie...the beast),
I thought Dotties build from it's
inception, given my years of design
experience, would be a snap.
It turned out to be almost a career
long endeavor. My career grew
at almost the same pace as this build
as many changes were implemented
along the way.
Ed and I are working on getting
some better vids to post.

More Dottie videos coming!
I'm getting them uploaded and published in YT right now. Please stand by. :)

Dottie sounds fantastic - and the dog is a hoot. :)

Look, y'all - I wanted to say that for any of you who don't have YT channels or what have you, I'm
willing to host your videos on my channel just as I've done for David here.
I've made a playlist just for this purpose:
https://www.youtube.com/@moparedtn/playlists
Click on the FBBO one to see what little bit I've put on it so far, which includes "Cranky's Video"
(I promised him a video at that time) and my (4) videos where I'm blabbering away trying to say
thanks to everyone who helped Fred and I out of a really tough spot a few years back.

Hey @1STMP - your videos have already blown away about any of mine for number of views, by the way. :thumbsup:

Look, y'all - I wanted to say that for any of you who don't have YT channels or what have you, I'm
Click on the FBBO one to see what little bit I've put on it so far, which includes "Cranky's Video"
(I promised him a video at that time) and my (4) videos where I'm blabbering away trying to say
thanks to everyone who helped Fred and I out of a really tough spot a few years back.

Hey @1STMP - your videos have already blown away about any of mine for number of views, by the way. :thumbsup:
I've got a vid?? Heck, don't even remember doing one let alone knowing how to do one lol

Thanks again, Ed. Your efforts are
greatly appreciated.

I've got a vid?? Heck, don't even remember doing one let alone knowing how to do one lol
o
No, at one point you requested I make one of me driving Fred back in Feb. 2021.
I'll try to find the thread if you like.
EDIT: I will try once the #$%#@$@ site has the ability to SEARCH again, anyways.... :mad:

EDIT Part Deux: @Cranky I found the thread where I promised the video to you:
That's enough of this stinkin' winter - Time to wake up ol' Fred!

Last edited:
That was fun, well done!! It's nice to see a plan come together. The truck is great and Ed, you did good!!

Auto Transport Service
Back