• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiTech 3x2 bbl system

with 3x2, air cleaner, intake manifold, linkage, air cleaner, misc fuel system accessories. under 3500.00. that includes beer! Excited and also scared to be the guinea pig on the new cool part. Time shall tell. :praying:

under 3500.00
So I was guessing $3k, so that's close.
I need to see if F&B can use my Chrysler Edelbrock 6bbl aluminum intake manifold. I believe the price and system I quoted at around $5k includes an intake manifold. If they can use my Chrysler Edelbrock 6bbl aluminum intake manifold, that may reduce the total cost, but I would only consider using my factory 6 bbl intake if that's what they use anyway, if it saved a significant amount of money (which I doubt it would) or if they mod a different one and mine would actually perform better than the one they supply in the F&B system. The ModMan is a whole different world.
Waiting on more info from you Don...
I'll send you some premium Timothy Hay for being such a helpful Guinea pig!
I am moving forward with experimenting with a Nitrous Express 3 x 2 bbl plate system right now. The tell tale part is ordered and I will know this coming week IF the plate even fits (as they say it will) the factory 6 bbl carbs bolt holes and carb mount throat intake "holes" all line up and match.

I dunno... You think 6 packs can be a headache? Try being the first to sort one of these systems out :praying:

good luck though

well the unit uses standard 2100 carb holley flange on a six pac intake. unit is actually 1/4" shorter in height, than stock six pac, no stronger than a 6AL msd box or equivillant, likes at least 12volts, less than that will cause problems, I will be using an in tank fuel pump 40019 which requires no return line. feed needs to be 3/8". standard six pac linkage, six pac air cleaner will fit with slight mod.(said it took less than 5 min.) Full price right now no discounts available, as soon as they get fully stocked in 45 days they will be able to shave some numbers. So with that being said maybe we should try to do a group buy? My motor will not be back for about 30 days so I am going this route. If anyone else wants to bite the bullet and order this speak up, and I can at lest throw a quantity at them, and I can talk to them about this and I'm sure this will get us the best deal. ordering will be directly thru fi-tech. I will be ordering the unit and the in tank pump, everything else from jegs or summit and possibly drag 42 this weekend at there swap meet. so I can call him in the next few weeks and fly this by them, if not no big deal will contact then in 35 to 45 days and order.

$2344.00 is in my shopping cart right now, no discounts yet, unit and fuel pump.

This system seems great, but FiTech has a pretty poor history of customer support after the sale, and in reality, the first owners will become FiTech's R&D; just like with all the other kits they've released. I've read so many horror stories being one of the first involved with the FiTech owners group on FB, it just scares me (personally) away from this company.

I would let 5.. 10.. 15.. 20 (or more), detailed installations and builds be released with this kit from various sources (all publishing ecstatic reviews) before sending $2,000-$3,000 to various distributors to place this kit on my engine. These 3x2 TBI setups will become extremely popular, especially when companies like Holley / F.A.S.T. also release competitively priced kits. I would just hate to see anyone get burned!

Last edited:
Gotta agree with above. That’s a lot to shell out, I’d be waiting for a Holley or fast if I was in the market for that type of system.

To be clear, I just invested at least $750 in Promax parts for my 6bbl Holley system that did most everything well.
Once I get them back, I expect they will do EVERYTHING not only well, but BETTER. When that glorious day comes and I top my future stroker motor with my 6 bbl setup, it will be WAY easier to adjust and WAY more capable of handling the additional fuel and air requirements that the new motor will need.
Now I feel like the F&B system would be up to the task, and much of those adjustments would be easy/automatic, but almost $5k is a lot of coin, and the FiTech system seems like it would not be up to the task.
I'm sending my wife's 3 Rochesters to All American Carburetors along with all of the engine build info (parts, specs, etc) to "rebuild" and modify them as well as they can without having the motor there. I have personally spoken to a few people I trust who have used them, and I am hopeful.
If between me sending her Tripower carbs to them and if neccessary having some local finishing touches done STILL doesn't deliver max power and reliability, that's a wrap-and I will DEFINITELY go EFI/TBI on her 421, because I'd rather get kicked in the nuts than have my wife blame ME for her carbs acting up.

Even though they cost a good bit more than the FiTech, the F&B systems sure are pretty, and I am certain capable of making more power.
Here are 2 pix of the Pontiac Tripower and 1 pic of the Mopar RB setups from F&B
Pontiac 3 30june17.jpg
Pontiac 4 30june17.jpg
440 6bblsys.gif

$2344.00 is in my shopping cart right now, no discounts yet, unit and fuel pump.
I got a call from Norm at AFFORDABLE-FUEL-INJECTION in Michigan today. He has his background aka "comes from" the automotive industry with over 20 years of experience. I had called his company and left a message about information on this FiTech 3 x 2bbl system. He is an authorized FiTech dealer, and he specifically said that he is the reference for tech support for FiTech products purchased from him. He also made clear that other than a fuel delivery system upgrade (pump, etc) and an electronic distributor (for those who may still have points) the FiTech system is all that is required, and that the "600 horsepower" rating is likely conservative.
So if you want to maybe get a little better pricing and a LOT better tech support (from what has been posted about FiTech) Norm gave me the OK to post his phone number and email contact information.
He also said this system would work with the Pontiac Tripower setup....
I'd really look hard at it if I hadn't just invested nearly $800 with Promax. I think if the Promax parts work like all of the people who have raved about their successes with them I'll be happy, but this could be a good plan if my wife's Rochesters don't get into shape at All American Carburetors.
To comply with forum rules, please PM me and I will reply with his email address and phone number.
Moderators: is it ok to post that info in the open forum in this case? I won't do it unless you say I can. Thanks.

@@aussiewannabee69
Must have hit disagree by accident
:lol:
I can see the ability to tune a carb as being being bad or a bad thing to be proud of. In today’s age, a good FI kit is cool by many a measures! But I can still tune a carb just fine.

@@aussiewannabee69
Must have hit disagree by accident
:lol:
I can see the ability to tune a carb as being being bad or a bad thing to be proud of. In today’s age, a good FI kit is cool by many a measures! But I can still tune a carb just fine.

Agree, fuel injection has its positives. I like the idea of no muss no fuss drivability. I don’t see the FI tech 6 bbl making the power of a well tuned set of carbs. It would probably take a pretty well tweaked multi port system to be in the ball park.

I love these old carbs, although I’m a bit partial after all the attention I put into them.. When you pull the plugs you would think it was fuel injected!

If I was rich though I’d try a FI Tech just for the fun of reporting the drivability and ET differences vs the carbs.

3E84C4FA-06A2-4051-BACB-0E76D342BF45.jpeg

Last edited:
Agree, fuel injection has its positives. I like the idea of no muss no fuss drivability. I don’t see the FI tech 6 bbl making the power of a well tuned set of carbs. It would probably take a pretty well tweaked multi port system to be in the ball park.

I love these old carbs, although I’m a bit partial after all the attention I put into them.. When you pull the plugs you would think it was fuel injected!

View attachment 621232
I agree, mine are flawless too, starts runs and drives perfect no matter what weather, temp, ect. Personally I wouldn't go to FI even if it was free.
I don't understand why so many have problems with them, it's like tuning a four bbl with a few extra steps.

Auto Transport Service
Back