• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiTech Go EFI 8 - 1200 HP, #30012 on Charger project

The only thing that I can see that I'm not pleased with is that there is just one 02 sensor included in the kit. I ordered two collectors with 02 bungs assuming that the kit would have two. I can't see how it can accurately tune an 800hp dual quad Hemi with a single 02 sensor? I don't know if they offer a kit to add a second sensor or not. You would think that for 2 grand you would get two sensors in a dual quad kit.

My FiTech Dual Quad system arrived today! Pics tomorrow!

Quick question, is the harness simply a jumper to the second FiTech unit? You're essentially just increasing the overall capacity by (x) amount of lbs/hr fuel supply with the additional injectors. I would think that you would need to upgrade to something like the Holley Dominator EFI system in order to correctly tune with (2) WB02 sensors.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=56966090

You may want to read and make sure this is EXACTLY what you want to install prior to placing it on the vehicle.

This is a good place for advice / help if you run it;
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-...ing-tips-info-sharing-ideas-settings-etc.html

I see a lot of people abandoning ship with FiTech. All I see above is 168-pages of owners having problems and trying to figure them out on their own. Not saying there is a right / wrong system, just $2,000 is a lot of money to pay to a company with no tech support.

Just stumbling upon this same vibe page after page, take a quick glance at this;
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-...-tips-info-sharing-ideas-settings-etc-96.html

Just saying, make sure this is 100% what you want before installing. Most retailers will not accept returns once installed.

Here is where you go if you have a problem with any Holley EFI system, it has excellent tech support/moderators that actually care / try to help:
https://forums.holley.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Holley-EFI

Last edited:
Again, plenty of people using it without issue. The difference between those having problems? Following directions! Holley may be a bit more user friendly but I haven used it or installed my fitech 1200 yet so I can’t say. One thing for sure I’ll be following instructions!

2E079477-7B75-40C8-AFA2-FCEAE8729F56.jpeg

Again, plenty of people using it without issue. The difference between those having problems? Following directions! Holley may be a bit more user friendly but I haven used it or installed my fitech 1200 yet so I can’t say. One thing for sure I’ll be following instructions!

View attachment 594231

Like I said, I don't think there is a right / wrong system just some systems are easier to install and / or have better overall customer support if the installer has questions. All the top-three systems, like FAST / Holley / FiTech use OEM style sensors, they all should be fairly reliable.

A little update. I bought a fuel pressure gauge to check if the regulator would handle the Walbro 450 LPH Gas/E-85 fuel pump.
Short answer is yes. I think the largest fuel pump FiTech sells is the 340 LPH pump, so that might be why the say the regulator is rated for 340 LPH?
I ran the Walbro 450 LPH pump direct from the battery, with engine off and running and I was seeing the same pressures as with the 340 LPH pump.
I also ran the 450 LPH pump from the FiTech directly, and it seemed to run fine.
I tried to measure the current draw from both pumps, but I think my cheap multi meter that is 10A max was giving me some bogus readings, like 1.25 Amps?
I just ordered a non-contact DC current meter (Hall effect?) So I will re-check the pump current draw again using it.

On the tuning side, I lowered the idle speed and leaned out the idle a bit, and it seems to be learning pretty well?
Maybe I can get the car on a Chassis Dyno to do some ignition timing tuning and see what power it is making.

How does altitude affect the EFI fuel pressure?
When I was checking fuel pressures the other day, the pressure gauge seemed to be reading a bit low.
The regulator is a 4-bar (58psi) regulator, but my gauge reading (pump on, engine off) was about 55-56 psi?
At first I was thinking it was just the inexpensive gauge, but now I think it might be showing the lower pressure because of my 6,000 ft altitude?
Could this be because the way the regulator is referenced to manifold pressure?
With the engine running and pulling vacuum, the fuel pressure regulator drops to about 50 psi.

Last edited:
Increase the pressure while it’s idiling.

Been reading some on this and there seems to be different views depending on if using a return / bypass fuel system and a returnless system?
What I have been reading for my return style system is the regulator tries to keep the same pressure differential across the injector as engine vacuum will try pulling fuel from the injector so rail pressure is reduced to maintain the same differential pressure?
Anyhow, it seems to work fine, just something different to think about with these EFI setups.
With my old Carb setup, the regulator was just referenced to atmosphere, not manifold, so the fuel pressure was always the same.

The regulator should be on the return side, is that how you set yours up?

Got me a none contact current meter to check the fuel pump currents.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DDQM6Z4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Checked the Hy-Fuel 340 LPH pump, and it was pulling 11.0 Amps.

I haven't checked the Welbro 450 LPH pump yet.

I did change the 160 degree thermostat with a 180 degree thermostat in the car and took the car for a short drive. Seemed to run fine? Too much rain today to get on it hard (no traction.)

Auto Transport Service
Back