• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flex Pipe Question

roadrunner57

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
So while looking online for exhaust pipe, I keep running into this stuff called flex pipe or flex connector. Is it really 'flexible'? Can it be bent to account for slight misalignment of DIY exhaust systems? Could it be bent for say a 45 degree angle? For that matter is it even bendable at all?

Speaking of 'bendable' pipe, I emailed one reseller and asked if their 'bendable' pipe was really bendable and the answer was no. I then asked why it was called that, still no answer.

Dont use it. Just have a exhaust shop bend a pipe that fits. If its to the 45 degree stage you may wish to move back down the pipe and start the transition sooner to get to the angle needed.
Also headman has a ball / socket 3" set up to line up miss matched exhaust.

Over time and heat cycles they develope exhaust leaks.. Do it once do it right and you wont be pissed that you have to repair it again in weeks. Flex pipe is junk.

Flex pipe is like a Labyrinth seal. All of those ridges cause back pressure in the exhaust pulse and that's
not good. Looks Cheesie too!

Auto Transport Service
Back