• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

flush mount pop up gas cap

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
I have a Rullo aluminum pop up gas cap that I want to place on the top of my left quarter next to the trunk lid. It has a weld in bung. My question is this....
What do people usually do for an overflow return line (vent Line)? Do I have to drill a hole in the inside step area and tap it for a fitting??

489606-2__34975.1452605241.1280.1280.jpg

What car do you have? I am thinking Charger?
1967 Coronet 500 Here's a few pics of the weld in today....cutting a perfect circle in the quarter was lots of nerve wracking fun.

0915181513.jpg 0915181514.jpg 0915181514a.jpg 0915181514d.jpg 0915181514e.jpg 0915181521.jpg

Last edited:
i would put a vent at the top of the fill tube

How well does it fit the contour of the quarter? Looks pretty good regardless

How well does it fit the contour of the quarter? Looks pretty good regardless
Well, there's the rub. That's exactly why it's placement is so far to the right, instead of centered. The tank is on the trunk floor at the front and the fill hose needs to curve around some other bits and go vertical. I also wanted to get it close up next to a 3" flange that hangs down underneath next to the trunk seal corner. That gives the hole some strength to combat panel flexing. The cap itself is not as flat as I wanted it to be, sorta conical with a slightly higher center point but i'm happy with the overall look and it will smooth out once I apply some blending filler around it.

Is there enough meat on the cap to sand it flat (re-contour)?
Is there a way for rainwater to drain from the recess?
Looks great. Where did you get the cap assembly?

Is there enough meat on the cap to sand it flat (re-contour)?
Is there a way for rainwater to drain from the recess?
Looks great. Where did you get the cap assembly?
Got it from Rullo Cycles. No there is no drain but I'm going to drill a small hole on the left rear quadrant near the outer edge below the cap and put a small drain line to run straight down and out the drop off.
The cap is billet aluminum so yes I can flatten it out. Thinking about it.....

Auto Transport Service
Back