• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For all of You Train Lovers

LOL, HO gauge is the smallest, all I remember is O gauge is bigger. I’m just trying to get into the larger universe of trains(brass trains) for an idea of what I have. Sometimes you have broaden your horizons,lol!

This is my new lower level staging yard.
There are 6 tracks that can hold a 10-12 car train, and 4 more of smaller capacity.
To the left will be an engine storage area and a turntable, plus a switch lead.
To the right is an "empties in/loads out" area for the new coal mine.

Yes, those are hollow core doors. I bought 8 of them from Lowes @ $7 ea because they had splits on one side. 4 more at a thrift store for $10 ea and the dark ones I found beside the road at various times. All in good shape.

View attachment 557258

Cool idea with the hollow core doors. I have a couple sets of the bi-fold closet doors that I've hung onto, they work pretty nice for when we did garage sales. They would work very well for trains. I haven't messed around with HO train in 30 years. Miss it sometimes, but no room right now. Thanks for all the posts on this tread, always fun to check them out whether full scale or not.

I've modeled in 1:350, 1:160, 1:144, 1:120, 1:87, 1:72, 1:76, 1:64, 1:48, 1:35, 1:32, 1:29, 1:24, 1:25, 1:18, 1:12, 1:10, and 1:4 at least once in my life.

tumblr_oaoo9qJpjh1tsrqj0o1_500.gif

That is real cool :thumbsup:

Looks like an easy 60 mph. It would be a little distracting if you've never saw it before.

It's amazing that it is pulling some later passenger cars or is it getting some assistance from the newer engine behind the coal car? (That one looks electric) Not much has changed over the years in order to couple them up.

Here it is straight from youtube...

Last edited:
Steam Loco's are so cool. I'd be causing all kinda wrecks as I'd be racing with him! I took this when I was in CA. and a excursion train ran thru town headin towards S.F. The guy was bookin and I couldn't/didn't get the greatest of pics, but still.
219.JPG

It's amazing that it is pulling some later passenger cars or is it getting some assistance from the newer engine behind the coal car? (That one looks electric) Not much has changed over the years in order to couple them up.

If I had to guess, it was being pushed and they had enough boiler steam to only blow the whistle at the crossings.

EDIT: The video below explains the engine & its fuel.

I've never seen one in person running only on a show stand . Would like too

I was fortunate enough to see a couple travel through Lansing when I was a kid (mid to late seventy's, one may have been early 80's). I didn't have a camera (or a cell phone lol) back then.

Auto Transport Service
Back