• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For all of You Train Lovers

Jim- are those brass or Blackstones?

On another note- those rotary snow plow blades were the inspiration for the star destroyer ships in Star Wars. I've thought that since the 70's and Lucas recently as a year ago, confirmed it.

I'm getting the bug again, and have restarted my double decking project.
I built 90% of the helix sections 5 years ago but stalled on installing shelf brackets and raising the existing level. Last year I found cheap, used, high quality 24x50"Carolina built hotel dressers/TV stands I could buy in bulk (8 of them) to use to support the lower level and as storage.

Jim- are those brass or Blackstones?

On another note- those rotary snow plow blades were the inspiration for the star destroyer ships in Star Wars. I've thought that since the 70's and Lucas recently as a year ago, confirmed it.

I'm getting the bug again, and have restarted my double decking project.
I built 90% of the helix sections 5 years ago but stalled on installing shelf brackets and raising the existing level. Last year I found cheap, used, high quality 24x50"Carolina built hotel dressers/TV stands I could buy in bulk (8 of them) to use to support the lower level and as storage.

Blackstones. I do have a brass #20 RGS that someday I will get remotored and painted. When I retire ha-ha-ha. This new Mopar hobby has really put the brakes on the model railroad progress!

Last edited:
I bought a brass 478 shell (IIRC) out of the $1 box at a train show a few years ago, and sold it for $50 a year later.

Narrow gauge guys are usually crazy detail oriented.

I'm a PRR guy and my main fleet is the H10 2-8-0.

One of my project shelf items is a Mantua 4-4-2 body on a cut down BLI 4-6-2 frame.

Before they made the H10, I built one from an MDC boiler and a cut down USRA 2-8-2 frame.
I took it to BLI's Ormond Beach HQ, and while I can't take credit, I think it may have pushed them over the commitment edge to do it.

I have an odd mix of hobbies-

cars

music

trains

real estate

cats

all exfuckingspensive.

I bought a brass 478 shell (IIRC) out of the $1 box at a train show a few years ago, and sold it for $50 a year later.

Narrow gauge guys are usually crazy detail oriented.

I'm a PRR guy and my main fleet is the H10 2-8-0.

One of my project shelf items is a Mantua 4-4-2 body on a cut down BLI 4-6-2 frame.

Before they made the H10, I built one from an MDC boiler and a cut down USRA 2-8-2 frame.
I took it to BLI's Ormond Beach HQ, and while I can't take credit, I think it may have pushed them over the commitment edge to do it.

One thing that Blackstone did was bring the price of the brass down which was really needed. It was getting stupid crazy (like Mopars) the price of a K-27. I actually talked to them about a job on one vacation long ago. I was really thinking about simplifying the life but the family said they were not living where there was a real winter :)

Auto Transport Service
Back