• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For me science is like Mopars

SteveSS

Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
I get interested in a topic like Mopars then I start researching and it becomes a fascination and then becomes a hobby. Same with science. I have my master's in geology and that included three semesters of physics but lately, I've been fascinated by astrophysics and the workings of the universe. Which then leads to quantum physics. Now don't be misled. 90% of this is still going over my head but I'm chipping away at it.

I just don't want to misrepresent myself and someone who knows a lot about quantum physics yet. But at one point I didn't know a whole lot about Mopars.

Now String Theory! Wow! I read a quote this morning. String Theory is like playing darts. You throw a dart a wall and wherever it lands you go draw a circle around it.

I just wanted you to know a science background can lead to a healthy discussion with others.

I spent about 20 hours over a few years trying to grasp string theory.

Over it.

Quarks and Bozons OTOH...

a bit easier to follow.

I haven't seen a package bound in string in many years! That's my theory. I'm too old to even care about most of that stuff. I'll be worm bait before too long! Just sayin. ruffcut

Space has always fascinated me and the more I read about discoveries in the universe by the experts, the more I figure they don’t know yet. Boggles my mind to think the universe has no end or beginning for that matter. Then it’s said the universe is contracting. Lol, from where exactly? Particles and gasses somehow intertwining to create stars and such including the rock we’re on. Amazing.

I took a seminar in Quantum Physics. And I understand as much afterward, as I did before :D

Expanding.

The contracting part is out now. Multiple/parallel universes (that's is the plural term, I looked it up) is in. Dark energy is a very hot topic.

I get interested in a topic like Mopars then I start researching and it becomes a fascination and then becomes a hobby. Same with science. I have my master's in geology and that included three semesters of physics but lately, I've been fascinated by astrophysics and the workings of the universe. Which then leads to quantum physics. Now don't be misled. 90% of this is still going over my head but I'm chipping away at it.

I just don't want to misrepresent myself and someone who knows a lot about quantum physics yet. But at one point I didn't know a whole lot about Mopars.

Now String Theory! Wow! I read a quote this morning. String Theory is like playing darts. You throw a dart a wall and wherever it lands you go draw a circle around it.

I just wanted you to know a science background can lead to a healthy discussion with others.
Everything I know about quantum physics I have learned from Sheldon on " Big Bang Theory ". Everything I know about gravity I have learned from Penny on " Big Bang Theory".

Our whole Big Bang of a universe could have just been a squirt from another universe. Using Big Bang and squirt in a sentence did make me think of Penny.

Last edited:
They want to go where no man has gone, but they can't make a healthy donut! Let start with the donut, something I need now......

Dark matter?

I used to be a big fan of the Michiu Kaku radio show.

Good way of explaining complex theoretical physics in an easily digestible way.

That was at least 10 years ago.

Lately I've seen him on everything from the Discovery channel to NFL pre game shows.

Michiu is a good starting point then you start to realize like all of Discovery Channel he is "Pop Science." That's okay though if he gets you interested like he did me.

I'll give you Rob's FIRST LAW OF PHYSICS. And, it gets proven every day, by many people. ** "Things get heavier as you get older" **

The problem with quantum theories is that our cognitive brains can only deal with the realities of 4 dimensions. 3 spacial. One linear time. What we call space/time. The ideas (and now some evidence.) that effect can actually occur before cause is meaningless. What good is that? You'll never know for sure if that effect was for your future cause?

It's interesting. But not practical. IMO.

Fascinating captain...

Auto Transport Service
Back