• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD For sale on Craiglists. 440 6bbl trans. Is this really a special trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is a six pack specific trans but it sure isn't worth that kind of coin unless the buyer happens to have the matching car.

The only six pack specific trans in 1970 (part#3410790) was for a 340 6pack. The only trans listed for 426 and 440 (part# 3410683) in 1970 didn't specify carb setup, at least according to the Mopar parts book.

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=107

Yes there is a six pack specific trans but it sure isn't worth that kind of coin unless the buyer happens to have the matching car.

Perhaps there was a six pack trans and the manual forgot about it. For example, the 1970 shop manual lists stall speeds for all the engines EXCEPT the 440+6.

Photon- Anythings possible with Ma Mopar. I just remember the chart in the parts book from when I was researching my 4 speed conversion. Also why I put in the link. Maybe I missed it.

Perhaps there was a six pack trans and the manual forgot about it. For example, the 1970 shop manual lists stall speeds for all the engines EXCEPT the 440+6.

I have a similar trans in my car and wonder if it is a 6 pack trans. I looked it up and it was for a 69 Charger special 440. Is this a 6 pack trans? XS29LB 2892093 2686

Automatics are what this post is about. The OP was asking about a craigslist ad for a 727 from a six pack car.

Mark- My Bad. For some reason I thought he was referring to a 4 speed. I never checked the Craigslist link. I just assumed. And you know what happens then, made an *** outta me. LOL. My apologies to 68GTX too.

Automatics are what this post is about. The OP was asking about a craigslist ad for a 727 from a six pack car.

Thanks for all the great info everyone.

NJRR no biggie. Just suspected you were maybe missing something. Hope I didn't come on too strong.

Nope, no prob at all.

NJRR no biggie. Just suspected you were maybe missing something. Hope I didn't come on too strong.

Internals are same as in the Hemi-transmission, saw one some years ago sell for $4500 at ebay and in same condition, if it was closer I probably should have bought it.

Is this a 6 pack trans? XS29LB 2892093 2686

Yes....sort of.

The 093 transmission was the HD automatic put behind the 1969 383 and 440 HP cars including the 440-6bbl cars.
So while not 6bbl specific, it would be found behind 69 6bbl Super Bees and Road Runners.

It would be the correct transmission for a 69 Charger R/T with a 440.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great info and post. The craiglist link is no longer valid, so marking sold to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back