• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Kim at Passion :poke:
No kidding I was thinking the same and clearly the same on the babbling and FALSE promises....

You are only as good as your word and his words are 100% fake

That's what I tell my friends. I judge people by what they do, more than what they say.

Some more pics.....As one can tell the hottest points are where the orange paint burnt off exposing the cast ceramic coating. Since these are coated inside and out the cooling properties are much better and efficient....Hence is why the majority of the orange paint hasn't burnt off....Keep in mind almost every day this car is ran up the operation temperature...

The grey zone is whether one wants a rusty look or a worry free look....The judge can kiss my azz if he wants to ding me on such....

Jim, just for my curiosity are you a member over on DC.com?

View attachment 568636 View attachment 568637 View attachment 568638 View attachment 568639 View attachment 568641 View attachment 568642 View attachment 568643 View attachment 568644 View attachment 568645
Justin,

Thanks for the additional exhaust photos. Really makes it easy to see how the finishes turned out with some use. I thought the paint might bond chemically with the ceramic and just make a weird looking mess.

It turns out your method works just the way I would have hoped: The paint burned off in some areas, but the iron (well, ceramic) that shows through looks like fresh metal with no rust, to boot. I think you nailed it.

RE DC.com, I have to confess I don't know what it is. I happen to work in DC, and the link leads to Deloitte Consulting, which is related to my own profession, but I must be way off. Maybe a Dodge Charger ("DC") forum? Direct Connection?

Justin,

Thanks for the additional exhaust photos. Really makes it easy to see how the finishes turned out with some use. I thought the paint might bond chemically with the ceramic and just make a weird looking mess.

It turns out your method works just the way I would have hoped: The paint burned off in some areas, but the iron (well, ceramic) that shows through looks like fresh metal with no rust, to boot. I think you nailed it.

RE DC.com, I have to confess I don't know what it is. I happen to work in DC, and the link leads to Deloitte Consulting, which is related to my own profession, but I must be way off. Maybe a Dodge Charger ("DC") forum? Direct Connection?
Jim

No worries there is a Jim over there but your not the same guy...dodgechargerforumindex.com...just asking..funny how the DC letters related in some way, lol....

Thanks! The coatings are limited to what the manufacturer offers. I wish they could make one that mimics the exact cast look...I even asked but we are not mixing regular paint which is the issue. The next thing is to see how it looks 2 years from now and that is the true test.

The guys I used and listed in this thread are great to deal with....They fully inspect your manifolds for cracks and squareness....One of mine had a tiny hairline crack in an area non noticeable and the welded it up. They assured me you wont be able to tell and I have no clue where it was repaired.....The other companies out there are about double the price btw...

Justin

Justin, please re-post the company you used for exhaust manifold reconditioning. I need a good recommendation on this. Thanks a million.

Justin, please re-post the company you used for exhaust manifold reconditioning. I need a good recommendation on this. Thanks a million.
Tom

No problem...

www.performancecoatings.com

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...y-father-my-69-gtx-restoration.127388/page-25

You will not be disappointed with the work and the price.....Realistic prices

Color was Satin Grey but now they have a satin tungsten grey. If at the time they had that I would have gone with that color but they did not....However, I would request a real picture of that first....

Justin

Your view count had the sign of the devil and her 2 sisters going at midnight.. LOL
lol.......it moves so fast it didn't register....but thanks for the bump!

I noticed yours bumped over 150 views since yesterday WOW!

Never would happen on a DEAD site!

Tom

No problem...

www.performancecoatings.com

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...y-father-my-69-gtx-restoration.127388/page-25

You will not be disappointed with the work and the price.....Realistic prices

Color was Satin Grey but now they have a satin tungsten grey. If at the time they had that I would have gone with that color but they did not....However, I would request a real picture of that first....

Justin

Thanks for that exhaust manifold info Justin.

lol.......it moves so fast it didn't register....but thanks for the bump!

I noticed yours bumped over 150 views since yesterday WOW!

Never would happen on a DEAD site!

I can only speak for myself, my information/research wheelhouse related to Mopar B-Bodies no longer comes from dodgecharger.com.

I can only speak for myself, my information/research wheelhouse related to Mopar B-Bodies no longer comes from dodgecharger.com.
:thumbsup:......it only takes one person to ruin something these days.........:fool:

The other day I received a nice gift:thumbsup:

Pair or original equipment 7290 U joints...Who would have thought someone could get giddy over some used OE U joints....Well thats me! lol..

Roger @The Rebel Thank You very much for these!:thankyou:

IMG_1773.JPG
IMG_1774.JPG

:luvplace:

And my wife used to wonder why I never throw anything out! LOL I should go dig through my own crates for gems!

Finally, after a long long wait.....about 6 months I got my final dash part back.....Right now this is the final part to complete the car........With the exception of locating some NOS unobtanium parts....This was restored by Instrument Specialties...

IMG_1790.JPG
IMG_1791.JPG
IMG_1792.JPG
IMG_1796.JPG
IMG_1797.JPG

I also located another dash pad and had IS restore/color this one as a spare...

IMG_1793.JPG
IMG_1794.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back