• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started from page 1, got to 40. Writing down post #s for future referance! Thanks again for sharing!

All this talk has got me thinking of a new thread(with pics) of original parts on our Mopars; course mine’s not at home, so someone else has to start it. Those little side dash trim panels are a real b——— huh? No cracks on mine,yet(!); knock on wood.

All this talk has got me thinking of a new thread(with pics) of original parts on our Mopars; course mine’s not at home, so someone else has to start it. Those little side dash trim panels are a real b——— huh? No cracks on mine,yet(!); knock on wood.
These ones Jeff are the hardest to find and to restore correctly.....The problem is when they get restored the chrome process stresses the plastic so much they crack. Also adding to the fact it is 40 year old plastic.

Bear in mind yours may look fine and so did original one for the X....The pic below shows what can happen to one that looks fine prior to restoration and the after effect.....There were no hairline cracks etc prior to the chrome process that one could see...

IMG_1798.JPG
IMG_1800.JPG

If anyone wants this part...just cover shipping and its your for free...

All this talk has got me thinking of a new thread(with pics) of original parts on our Mopars
What is original on a charger built at Ham may not be original to a RR built at LR.....It gets very precise and frustrating.....

You cannot get anymore original than this thread, lol.........for a 69 Lynch Road car.....

Last night staring at my BLACK GTX with red interior brought to mind the old days of some good old Kool-Aid spiked with vodka.........

Kool-Aid_Rock-A-Dile_Red_flavor_packet_early_90's.jpg

:steering::elmer:..........:luvplace:

Last night staring at my BLACK GTX with red interior brought to mind the old days of some good old Kool-Aid spiked with vodka.........

View attachment 571531

:steering::elmer:..........:luvplace:

You can deliver ice cold Kool-Aid with your beautiful car to me anytime! But please don't get any on those seats that you worked so hard on....I guess they're already Kool-Aid red so it won't be that bad! LOL.

You can deliver ice cold Kool-Aid with your beautiful car to me anytime! But please don't get any on those seats that you worked so hard on....I guess they're already Kool-Aid red so it won't be that bad! LOL.
Too funny! If I was drinking it now I would have sprayed it all over you....Painted you red too bro, lol.....

Maybe that will be our "Toasting" drink someday, Tom!

Too funny! If I was drinking it now I would have sprayed it all over you....Painted you red too bro, lol.....

Maybe that will be our "Toasting" drink someday, Tom!

You betcha bro, we'll toast at MCACN on a job well done! Just don't "spray" me with it!! LOL

Awesome thread man . You have great patience in finding all those hard to find parts .
Car looks amazing now we're just waiting for the next video .

Awesome thread man . You have great patience in finding all those hard to find parts .
Car looks amazing now we're just waiting for the next video .
Pete

Good to see you my friend and thank you!

I am awaiting a video as well......Sad thing is I got so much going on at the moment I dont have time to drive the X.....but it is started every night though...

Justin

These ones Jeff are the hardest to find and to restore correctly.....The problem is when they get restored the chrome process stresses the plastic so much they crack. Also adding to the fact it is 40 year old plastic.

Bear in mind yours may look fine and so did original one for the X....The pic below shows what can happen to one that looks fine prior to restoration and the after effect.....There were no hairline cracks etc prior to the chrome process that one could see...

View attachment 570988 View attachment 570990

If anyone wants this part...just cover shipping and its your for free...

Hard to tell but is that the pass side? I am looking for a driver side, this one was I bought for $16 off ebay to fill the gap...
20171127_170105.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back