• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool.. now I'd better go look at the ones I removed off of my own! lol
It is a hard area to figure out for lower ball joints....I hear stories all the time.......but you don't know what was done by a previous owner....I have been through many NOS variations and perceived originals.....The "forged in Canada" I rarely run into and on the basis of two peoples opinions and knowledge. I think it has been answered.

Keep in mind this is only relating to the Lynch Road plant..........

Just know that NOS and above superseded numbers are not assembly line parts......So paying up for those is a waste of $$....

Mine's a Lynch Rd car, can't remember if I ever did the lowers when younger. This old age and a foggy memory brings me back to the same stuff they were :fool: on the assembly line!! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, Kanter does not rebuild the ball joints for 68-70 Mopar......

So far this is the best original fuel sending unit I have acquired. The unit is a late 69 date for a 70 model. These units NOS are gone and good originals are just as hard to find. This is the first restorable one I have come across in 5 flipping years.....The stampings are the PN, date, pentstar and the manufacturer "Initrol".

A friend of mine restoring a 67 GTX passed along the info of the company that restored it. The name is John Wolf. They are located in Ohio and the turnaround was a little over a week.....They did a great job but of course the test is in the car.....Crap,,,thats going to be awhile:D

http://antiqueinstrument.com

If the planets align there will be an NOS tank for this unit........I have found one............

I will still be looking for a correct dated unit....which may never happen but who knows...it only took five years to find a correct unit with the wrong date...

Pre pics...

605328-b574b90c130fffb475dd471a6df893fc.jpg
605326-dce2d5d778997c1a700d60abcbd650fa.jpg
IMG_2086.JPG
IMG_2087.JPG
IMG_2088.JPG
IMG_2089.JPG
IMG_2090.JPG
IMG_2091.JPG
IMG_2092.JPG
IMG_2093.JPG

Hmmm. I have a tank and sending unit from an A12 car. Need to look at it now.

Hmmm. I have a tank and sending unit from an A12 car. Need to look at it now.
69 1/2 would be a later date.....mine was an early 69...10/28/68......

I tried to get an original tank restored with the correct finish. However, the cost and the process was not worth it. The finish in the end would not be right either.....Which would get you dinged in the judging.....

69 1/2 would be a later date.....mine was an early 69...10/28/68......

I tried to get an original tank restored with the correct finish. However, the cost and the process was not worth it. The finish in the end would not be right either.....Which would get you dinged in the judging.....
Couldnt remember your build date, sorry. Still gonna see if the #s are legible. Curious...

Couldnt remember your build date, sorry. Still gonna see if the #s are legible. Curious...
Never know until the numbers are seen....could get lucky......Let me know what you find....

Ah, I missed those restoration photos, Justin. Nice to see you're back at it. That was a short vacation. :)
Roger,

Have to find something to occupy my time with no car around......So I am down to small parts, lol......and parts to replace the few reproduction/NOS superceded parts on the X.....gathered for when it comes home....

Justin

Maybe you could write a book on restoration. The ones on Amazon seem to need revision according to the negative reviews.

Justin......maybe I’m just being hopeful, but it sounds like you may have started another build. If so, it would be great to follow another one of your build threads if you start one....Jim

Justin......maybe I’m just being hopeful, but it sounds like you may have started another build. If so, it would be great to follow another one of your build threads if you start one....Jim
Jim

I appreciate the "hopefulness".......There are a couple cars I have my eyes on...the only problem neither of the two owners are letting loose of them anytime soon. Now I am being hopeful that one day one of those two will pony up.......Until then I am always searching. Those two cars have either an unusual color combination and rarity or have three deuces....both are 100% complete and matching numbers. One is a survivor and the other is partly disassembled......Both are all original sheetmetal with minimal bodywork......I have no problem holding out for those unless something equal or better comes along....

Not only am I picky when I build a car but I am very picky when buying one to build back to original....It has to be a very good candidate to dump a ton of $$ into.....

Good things is that most of my spare NOS applies to both cars in question.....

Justin

Jim

I appreciate the "hopefulness".......There are a couple cars I have my eyes on...the only problem neither of the two owners are letting loose of them anytime soon. Now I am being hopeful that one day one of those two will pony up.......Until then I am always searching. Those two cars have either an unusual color combination and rarity or have three deuces....both are 100% complete and matching numbers. One is a survivor and the other is partly disassembled......Both are all original sheetmetal with minimal bodywork......I have no problem holding out for those unless something equal or better comes along....

Not only am I picky when I build a car but I am very picky when buying one to build back to original....It has to be a very good candidate to dump a ton of $$ into.....

Good things is that most of my spare NOS applies to both cars in question.....

Justin

Darn......good luck with the hunt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back