• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your car have the red accent stripe along the bottom? I really like how the is used on tail panel side and grille, and with red lines.

Did your car have the red accent stripe along the bottom? I really like how the is used on tail panel side and grille, and with red lines.
Tim

Mine was coded with the longitudinal stripe delete V68.....I have to agree with you it is a nice accent....Same for the organisol hood treatment but mine didnt get that either...

What's next on the list of to do's?

I would imagine that the installation of the engine/transmission/front suspension isn't too far off.
True....Can you believe the hold up is one single bolt, ugghhhh...The one I mentioned to you about that spun the threads...Ou of thousands of bolts I got the bad apple, lol...

What did I miss?
New set of original motor mount bolts....all bolts torqued to spec but one....One short one spun the threads. Thankfully, I was able through a lot off effort to back it out without damaging anything....Of course I talked to it very nicely, lol...

Fourth set I have had though the years and of course the only bolt to fail, lol.....I will post pictures of it when I get back in business...

Called Tom at RT Specialties whom supplies this kit to the vendors and it should be here between now and Thursday I would guess..

Stripped threads are never fun! Only 2 things worse, broken off bolts and broken off taps repairing said threads.....

wow awesome car and great color combo
Thanks for the compliment!!!!

Btw nice ride in your avatar. Hard to tell on my phone looks like a 63 Dodge? I love the max wedge cars....they paved the way for Mopar back in the day!

Justin. Just spent the last 2 days reading the entire thread. This is truly a labor of love, with a lot of blood, sweat & tears thrown in.

I've learned a lot reading this and your attention to detail is phenomenal and to be commended. You're a true gentleman in every sense of the word & a valued member here. Thanks a million my friend!

Justin. Just spent the last 2 days reading the entire thread. This is truly a labor of love, with a lot of blood, sweat & tears thrown in.

I've learned a lot reading this and your attention to detail is phenomenal and to be commended. You're a true gentleman in every sense of the word & a valued member here. Thanks a million my friend!
Roger

Thank you for the kind words and compliments my friend!

So far this build has been one heck of a journey for me.....So many memories "flash" in front of me as the build progresses.....Some days I just have to stop and walk away......Other days I am on the cold concrete staring at the ceiling.....

Justin

Justin- now I have to think about "schooling" the 8&11 grandkids on the intrigues of a '68 Bee, my kids know enuf to be dangerous but they all know Mustangs(don't know where I went wrong!)with any luck I'll have a couple of young ones that know Mopars && carburetors!!!

Justin- now I have to think about "schooling" the 8&11 grandkids on the intrigues of a '68 Bee, my kids know enuf to be dangerous but they all know Mustangs(don't know where I went wrong!)with any luck I'll have a couple of young ones that know Mopars && carburetors!!!
You didn't go wrong at all....it sounds like your going to have a significant intervention soon.....

Some more engine pics....

Ground straps originally were masked off on the firewall side. During assembly sometimes not all the tape was removed. Sparks plugs were assembled during engine painting and they got covered in this manner.

Original 440 oil filter cover with relief valve..
IMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1482.JPG
IMG_1483.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG

Orignal Dipstick and new tube from Frank Badalson. The end of the dipsticks were dipped in semi gloss black paint as I did the same with this one. The original dipstick has a specific length and font and repro's are not correct...
IMG_1486.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG
IMG_1491.JPG
IMG_1492.JPG

The motor mount brackets to the block were cleaned up and sprayed with semi gloss black. The mounts themselves are an NOS set. Original hardware mount to bracket was zinc phosphate. The hardware kit for the bracket to block is from Frank Badalson...
IMG_1493.JPG
IMG_1494.JPG
IMG_1495.JPG
IMG_1496.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back