• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we have the correct color vents....Lets get that puppy in there....

First I place the lower ends on the bolts to use as a pivot...Then I run the antenna and connect it to the radio(this is the way it was routed when I removed the dash) Next I install the bulkhead and four speed tach plug/wire. Then I route the vent cables through the opening(I do it this way because it is easier to adjust the cables on the dash versus on the heat box...

IMG_0630.JPG
IMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0632.JPG
IMG_0633.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG

Then pivot it up and install the center dash frame bolt...Easy peasy...

IMG_0638.JPG
IMG_0639.JPG
IMG_0640.JPG
IMG_0641.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0643.JPG

The heater control unit was restored by Dave Patik at PCG....

Finishing off the connections...

IMG_0644.JPG
IMG_0645.JPG
IMG_0646.JPG
IMG_0647.JPG
IMG_0649.JPG
IMG_0650.JPG
IMG_0651.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG
IMG_0653.JPG

Beautiful pictures! Was in LV back in 96 for a few days after being in Tahoe on our honeymoon.

Beautiful pictures! Was in LV back in 96 for a few days after being in Tahoe on our honeymoon.
Las Vegas for me was a one and done trip....last time I was there was many moons ago and if it wasn't for George Strait being there I wouldn't have gone.....When I got home I felt clean again, lol....

29.png

One of the places I went last week on vacation, literally 10mph curves. I saw caution signs I didn't even know existed.

View attachment 511941
One of the places I went last week on vacation, literally 10mph curves. I saw caution signs I didn't even know existed.
Tim

Too bad you didn't take the GTX on that trip....I would have loved to have a shirt like that...cool stuff I bet you had a blast...I was on the other end of the river, lol...

####one thing I forgot to.mention earlier in relation to the switch panel####

I install it without the switches. Then I spray silicone detailer around the perimeter and also place tape in the corners as a barrier protection. Then I put the far left corner in first and slowly work j to place.....when you remove these I do the reverse, minus the tape....do not go after the pad or you will warp it....

Tim

Too bad you didn't take the GTX on that trip....I would have loved to have a shirt like that...cool stuff I bet you had a blast...I was on the other end of the river, lol...
While on the trip we went on Route 66 for awhile. I was thinking we need to organize a FBBO Route 66 tour! Make it a annual event..... Cool stuff along the way, like going back 40-50 years.

While on the trip we went on Route 66 for awhile. I was thinking we need to organize a FBBO Route 66 tour! Make it a annual event..... Cool stuff along the way, like going back 40-50 years.
Tim

You should that sounds like a great idea to organize a group to go...

Justin

1st thing I'll do, after the car is done!

Believe me I'm ready to get back to the car. I gotta get it ready for the interior guy in Dec.!

Finishing up and installing the steering column....

Got a replacement wire cover for the column from IS. Who knows what happened to the original, lol...Installed it and ready to install. All hardware was restored to black phosphate....

The column is relatively easy to install. I place a microfiber towel over the opening and cover the shaft with a pillow case cover. then I advance the column shape through the open and rotate the the firewall plate a bit. Then I go to the engine bay side and grab the coupler(remember notch at 12 o'clock) and start it on just to hold it in place. then I take a stack of towels about 2 feet tall. Raise the column and set on the towel stack. Make sure that the bracket does not nor will not hit the dash frame. Then I go back to the coupler and advance it and it slid on easily. Then back to the insides and raise the column so you can attach the hardware under the dash. Check everything for alignment and tighten it down...

Tomorrow I will install the roll pin and coupler bracket...

Saturday my alignment/brake guy will be here to align it and pressure bleed/adjust the brakes....Soon the windshields and trim are going in....In the meantime I will be installing the carpets and seatbelt....Progress my friends...

IMG_0666.JPG
IMG_0667.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0669.JPG
IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0671.JPG
IMG_0672.JPG
IMG_0673.JPG
IMG_0674.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service