• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old saying, "If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself " comes to mind.

It's a shame that you pay someone good money and end up with a crap job. Too much of this taking place now days.

Looking Good! :thumbsup:

The old saying, "If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself " comes to mind.

It's a shame that you pay someone good money and end up with a crap job. Too much of this taking place now days.

Very true words!

Thanks my friend!.....

If I want it done right it usually takes about 3 or 4 tries when I do it. And then it's about as good as the factory guys did it in 1969; good enough.

WOW!!! Much improved. That's how a professional does it. Great work.

Man what a difference! I didn't think that they looked too bad before, but after you redid them they look so much better. The front seat bottoms are night and day! So what was the idea behind the wire weaved through the burlap originally? Is it for added strength?

Man what a difference! I didn't think that they looked too bad before, but after you redid them they look so much better. The front seat bottoms are night and day! So what was the idea behind the wire weaved through the burlap originally? Is it for added strength?
Chris

Man it is good to see you around these parts! How is your friends GTX coming?

Thanks for the compliments. The foam that was suppose to be added to the bolts on the front seats made a HUGE change. Not just removing the wrinkles but filling out the cushions appropriately. Man I brought them the seats, installation kits etc...and they threw half the stuff away and used there own "junK" lol....All they had to do was to add the 1" foam thats it....blows my mind...

Like I said earlier when Ron from Legendary saw all the pics he said, "I almost chocked on my coffee on how badly done they were." He didn't know who did them, I just wanted his opinion. He thought it was a home job, lol....a bad one at that...

The wires it the burlap mainly were to support weight distribution across the seat springs. They also strengthen the spring area as well. I will say I can tell a difference with and without them....

Justin

:thumbsup: Passenger seat done!

IMG_1407.JPG
IMG_1408.JPG
IMG_1409.JPG

:thankyou:

Not only do those seats look great, but comfortable too! Great progress... I wish I had as much motivation as you :thumbsup:

Good job once again, Justin. You probably get tired of hearing that.

drobertson, my seats "look" comfortable but they are 1969 seats and they do not even compare to the seats in my Nissan pickup for long trip comfort.

Very impressive Justin.
Thanks Tim.....

After doing the first bucket the second is going way faster......If it wasn't for this thing called "work" I would have been done overall...lol

I will say adding the wire is an improvement even if not for correctness.....Testing the seat out again shows it was a big difference from what I had previously....

Justin

Not only do those seats look great, but comfortable too! Great progress... I wish I had as much motivation as you :thumbsup:
DR

Thanks my friend and I appreciate your response!

Don't let my motivation fool you....I procrastinated starting on these for the fear of destroying a cover, making it worse or who knows what. The Ice breaker was the rear upper seat cover. Once, I got that done then my motivation kicked in....I was leary of the bucket seat but not as bad as the beginning....

Justin

The Seat Finale....

In these post I included more of the additional steps that pertain only to 69 Plymouth bucket seats.

##Disassembly##

###Focus on pic two to see the side padding issue when muslin is not attached. I barely squeezed it### The 3rd and 4th pics shows without the muslin where the foam padding ends up.

IMG_1410.JPG
IMG_1411.JPG
IMG_1412.JPG
IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1414.JPG
IMG_1415.JPG
IMG_1416.JPG
IMG_1417.JPG
IMG_1418.JPG
IMG_1419.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.