• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was Napa's version...you told me but I cannot recall the name of it...I heard that works well also

It was called Mac's Rust Inhibitor. I couldn't find it on their site so could be sold under a different name?

Even though this is the first bucket seat done. I will say they are way easier to do than the rear seat. The front seats were the worst due to the wrinkles on the bolsters and the horizontal ribs were off.

So many mistakes the previous installer did I am not sure where to begin. On the seat bottoms the sides they did not attack the muslin which wraps around the frame and keeps the side cushions in place so the do not kick inside the frame. The burlap was installed incorrectly and the foam was not added to the upper side bolster area. Around the upper frame perimeter they did not add the material to protect the molded seat foam from the frame to wear through.

##These are the Disassembly pics##

IMG_1361.JPG
IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1363.JPG
IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1367.JPG
IMG_1368.JPG
IMG_1369.JPG
IMG_1370.JPG

So now to the upper seat back. They left the old worn out smelly burlap with wire and mounted new burlap on top of...Just last by not replacing the listing wire as the seat bottom. The backside moulded foam was not hog tied to the frame. Also, the headrest areas were not cut out of the foam....Additional foam was not added to the side bolsters to prevent wrinkles...

When I do the driver seat I will have more pictures of the install....

##disassembly pics##

IMG_1389.JPG
IMG_1390.JPG
IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1392.JPG
IMG_1393.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG

Passenger seat DONE! Will be finished up and out in the car tomorrow evening...

IMG_1402.JPG

Great job! So about how long did it take you to do one seat? Not counting disassembly.

Everyone has their own pace. Mine is wide open, however it's sometimes not in a straight line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back