• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin,

Your seats look awesome, just like everything else on your car. Top Notch work!

To others contemplating doing this: My Road Runner has a bench front seat and I redid both front and rear seats myself. As a first timer - I'll give myself a "B" on how my seats turned out. After a little heat from the sun they look quite decent. So I would say to go for it! The big thing is to take lots of pictures and notes when you disassemble the old covers.

Hawk

Justin,

Your seats look awesome, just like everything else on your car. Top Notch work!

To others contemplating doing this: My Road Runner has a bench front seat and I redid both front and rear seats myself. As a first timer - I'll give myself a "B" on how my seats turned out. After a little heat from the sun they look quite decent. So I would say to go for it! The big thing is to take lots of pictures and notes when you disassemble the old covers.

Hawk
Hawk

I really appreciate your input and thanks for the compliments!

You are 100% correct on the "do it yourself" aspect. Taking pictures is wise words!

Justin

damn nice job, I shyed away from doing mine because of a friend that told me horror stories about trying to get the cover stretched over the new foam on the buckets, I assumed a steamer might be the trick but with the wrinkles on mine I doubt that would have been a problem, looks like there was plenty of room to spare.

damn nice job, I shyed away from doing mine because of a friend that told me horror stories about trying to get the cover stretched over the new foam on the buckets, I assumed a steamer might be the trick but with the wrinkles on mine I doubt that would have been a problem, looks like there was plenty of room to spare.
Don

I had no issues with the moulded foam from Legendary. You simply lock the bottom end of the cover and slowly roll the corner over while managing the foam. Also, make sure the inner seam extensions point inside the sides and not the out side. If the inner seam extension post out you will have "ripple effect".

I had to remove, reattach, reposition, etc multiple times on all covers. So it is not a one and done experience unless your lucky.

Thank you very much for the compliments!

Justin

Question, do the hinge covers just go on the outsides of the buckets or does each bucket get a pair? Thanks

Question, do the hinge covers just go on the outsides of the buckets or does each bucket get a pair? Thanks
justin, you are still a young mopar phenom working with the gtx,mopar life is good.can i order that material that covered the springs top and bottom from legendary,i have the foam and covers but not the other material that you used. thanks

justin, you are still a young mopar phenom working with the gtx,mopar life is good.can i order that material that covered the springs top and bottom from legendary,i have the foam and covers but not the other material that you used. thanks
Thanks for the compliments Johnny...

The muslin and burlap can be bought at hobby lobby. They will have several colors and counts to choose from. Choose the thickest off white one(not white) in the muslin....

Justin

I figured. I ordered some thinking it was enough for both seats, wrong!

I wish they would make it clearer instead of saying set, which I understand as enough for the car, not one seat.

I wish they would make it clearer instead of saying set, which I understand as enough for the car, not one seat.
I agree....I call every time now to confirm. Shipping costs add up these days...

Here is my NOS steering wheel. Awhile back I got everything together and on the car. When I hooked up the battery I had full time horns, lol. I spent a couples hours tracing, testing and inspecting everything and had no luck. Horns tested fine, horn switch fine, relay tested fine, wires all checked out. WTH could it be??

I removed the wheel and looked down in the coulomb cover and saw plastic pieces. Where did this come form? In the rear of the steering wheel they have an insulator and with age it crumbled and failed. Which meant the wheel was constant grounded. Hence, full time horns.

Per the "Great Cranium" aka Mark I sent my wheel to Gary's Wheel Restoration. Glad I did! THANK YOU Mark!:thumbsup: He did a fantastic job and I am thoroughly pleased and he had a quick turnaround time.

The Horn switch and button medallion are NOS. Horn button was restored by IS. The horn button retainer was untouched.

Little trick to install the medallion. I douce the area with a silicone based liquid and it slides in easy...

IMG_1178.JPG
IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1177.JPG
IMG_1189.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1192.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG

Before anyone asks...these are aftermarket floor mats from year one years ago. I like the way they look and they protect the carpet. They look cool too....

IMG_1471.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back