• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are 3 NOS window cranks.....Whats odd window cranks are in the top 10 of the hardest NOS parts to find. Someday I will find the 4th but I will also substitute a clean used original if I find one.

Below are the differences between a new reproduction and an original. The obvious is the PN and pentstar. The knob on the original is larger. The groove on the outer perimeter and the face is flat on the original versus the repop. The portion that goes into the door is longer on the original and they slide on and off easily. The way the reproductions are cut fit so tight they are difficult to get off...The chrome on the reproduction has a different hue(not due to lighting) compared to the NOS.

Below are the 3 NOS ones
IMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1482.JPG
IMG_1483.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG
IMG_1486.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG
IMG_1489.JPG

Got a few NOS parts today and a very nice surprise! Normally, I do not post just parts I receive but in this case I have too. Included with these was 6 NOS Champion J-11Y plugs as a gift. Really, made my day and Andy! Thanks my Friend!

2 NOS front armrest pad bezels....

5 NOS "LH" Copper coated lugs nuts....I only need 5 more....

IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1491.JPG

Nice nuts! Car looks like a mean batmobile!

Last edited:
Was this a "Magnum rim only" that got the copper coated stud and nut?
No....just steelies got both on the left side...All cars had the copper stud....magnums we're all chrome nuts with a L or R stamped on the side...

Looking great Justin! For some reason I no longer get alerts when new posts are made, odd.

Looking great Justin! For some reason I no longer get alerts when new posts are made, odd.
Roger

Thanks for the compliment....If you scroll up to the top where the pages numbers are listed. To the far right of them click on "watch thread"

Justin

Special thanks to Roger AKA themechanic for finding something to change on the X..

That area in question is the grommet that goes around the toggle switch. Apparently, some plants used them and some did not. I have examples of original cars that had them in 68/69 and some that did not in 68/69. St Louis and Hamtramck apparently used them and Lynch Road did not. Per Darrin who deals with A12's that none of the survivor A12's built at LR had the grommet and had an actual "hole". Some cars that did not have the grommet had a "slit" cut in the carpet...

When this comes to the judges...it states they should not have a plug but this area is still debated. Creative choice of words...

I have to base this on two things. One the plant it was built at and two what has been found to be done at that plant. Lynch Road did not use them and made an actual "hole".....Thankfully, I just cut enough to get the grommet installed and it was tight getting out but looks good.

Roger thanks for pointing this error out and sparking a debate behind the scenes. It is a little things but little things make the bigger overall difference:thumbsup:

IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1507.JPG

Last edited:
My first RR was a Lynch road car, and I don't remember a grommet on it. My GTX is a ST. Louis car so I think I'll install the grommet. Would that be correct? Would you happen to know what the correct one looks like, I have 2 and one has more ribs than the other. Thanks Justin for pointing this out.

Last edited:
My first RR was a Lynch road car, and I don't remember a grommet on it. My GTX is a ST. Louis car so I think I'll install the grommet. Would that be correct? Would you happen to know what the correct one looks like, I have 2 and one has more ribs than the other. Thanks Justin for pointing this out.
Tim

For the examples that I have found I would say "yes.". I have 2 examples of 69 survivors built at St Louis that have the plug.

The correct one is the one with more ribs and a pn on the back. It is pictured earlier in my thread..

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back